IGNORED

[SOLD] 1971 240Z Original Restoration, 918 Orange - BAT

motorman7

Motorman7 check out BAT they just list a 71Z #8885 and bid jumped to 30K on first day

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

I think that there are people out there that believe these cars are still a good buy and will increase in value quickly. Great car and we’ll know seller with no bad rap from what I can find. Hope you all saw the GTO that sold recently for $48M. It was a local car that showed up around here periodically. I’ll send a link
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/10/27/ferrari-250-gto-48-million-owner-greg-whitten/

1962-ferrari-250-gto-by-scaglietti-32-2.

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

Edited by 7tooZ

REALLY!  I've been watching BAT a lot over the last few months and purchased a 240Z through the site.  I've looked this one over and it doesn't seem like it is THAT much better than the cars that topped $40k...  I mean if it is at $45k with 7 days to go, I estimate closing price will be above $70k.  That is what I mean by THAT much better.  Motorman7 - you thinking about it? 

1 minute ago, motorman7 said:

Wow, impressive.  Looks like I will have to go with BAT......and take a lot more pictures.

The seller is a regular.  You can spend some time and look over his prior auctions.  All the content is still there.  He follows the same general formula for each sale.  You might we wise to copy it.  Also, there are a couple of Z collectors with deep pockets that hang out there.  If more than one gets really interested, it's game on.

On 10/30/2018 at 6:37 PM, inline6 said:

The seller is a regular.  You can spend some time and look over his prior auctions.  All the content is still there.  He follows the same general formula for each sale.  You might we wise to copy it.  Also, there are a couple of Z collectors with deep pockets that hang out there.  If more than one gets really interested, it's game on.

Thanks for the info, it is a big help.  I am working with BAT now and looks like the auction will start in about a week or so.  I am pleasantly surprised by all the interest in my car.  I have received several  calls and texts over the last couple days and I am pretty sure I could have sold this for $37K and the car would be gone today if I had stuck with the price.   I appreciate the advice from the thread here.  It seems the market is a little bit hotter than I anticipated.  Anyway, we will see how this all turns out.

• Like 1

I never want to be critical of someone else's car - critically negative.  That's just not polite.  So I want to point out some things on the BAT car that I am particularly fond of.  I can't stop admiring the construction screws used to mount the fuel filter; mounted over on the side so you can see the custom holes drilled in the shock tower.  The battery acid drip marks are to die for!  What authentic patina!  Like none I have ever seen before.  The heater hose firewall grommets are gorgeous!  I just can't say enough.

Put a reserve on your car, motorman.   A big reserve.  If that thing can go for $44k.....

• Like 2