IGNORED

240z floor pan replacement question

Zaspen

This is why butt welding gets tricky. Unless things are lined up perfect you can find yourself patching in gaps . I would recommend Cleco’s - you’ll wonder how you did without them. 

I learned my lesson with these panels - only cut off what’s bad on the original panels. Removing all of the old panel all the way to the inner rocker panel is usually not necessary , usually not much rust all the way up there anyway. I didn’t hardly catch this issue when I did mine. It made the floor slightly off level 

1 hour ago, Zaspen said:

Bottom of rocker side of the pan is part way up the original weld surface but yet the pan has to bend up to get to the rail.  Is this normal?

Try and think of the pans as only 90% correct, you have to make the pan fit your car,  if you think you don't need that extra 3/8" on the rocker side of the pan and you still have enough work with, cut it off.  Measure twice cut once?  Did you keep the original floor pan, you can solve a lot of problems by having a look at the old stuff if you still have it.

• Like 1

Cleco’s are a great way to get things lined up before cutting thru for the butt weld. The zip disc leaves a nice 1/16” gap to weld into.
IMG_2995.jpg
IMG_2300.jpg
IMG_3871.jpg
IMG_3873.jpg

On the passenger side I only used 3/4 of the floor pan and kept the tunnel curve section as it was good.