IGNORED

E brake light dim on speedometer

jalexquijano

My guess would be that there is nothing electrical wrong with your e-brake light.

There is a little rubber shroud inside the speedo that is supposed to separate the e-brake light from the dash illumination lighting, and I suspect what you're seeing in your e-brake light is bleed over from your dash illumination bulbs.

The rubber shroud gets dry and brittle over time and maybe yours has deteriorated to the point where it's not sealing properly and it's allowing light to get where it doesn't belong. That combined with the fact that your speedo lights are very very very very very cornea burning bright....

So... Does the e-brake light glow go away when you turn off the dash illumination bulbs?

Could be a grounding issue or a faulty proportioning valve. Or a faulty parking brake switch.

Why does it look like it's only lighting up half the "BRAKE" letters on the speedo? Like light is bleeding through from the left side. Or the bulb isn't inserted into the hole in the back of the speedo completely? Even if it's dim, I would expect it to light up the whole "BRAKE" indicator evenly.

Have you stuck a hand up there behind the speedo and gently wiggled stuff around to see what happens?

I will stick the hand in.  I have never done this as this bulbs were replaced by the shop that installed the Air Conditioner when the dash was outside the car and i guees it was easier then. I simply hope not to break any wire , contact or the bulb when wiggling it. What would be your careful approach to this?