IGNORED

ZCON 2018 Roll Call

SteveJ

@Captain Obvious @GGRIII

Meet you flattoppers in Atlanta-----might be the largest gathering of us ever at a ZCON!

C.O and Gary---sure hope that your fuel issue is resolved and is not complicated by the loan to me  C.O. made of the fuel nozzle gauge and removal tool. I will return them in person with many thanks and hopes that they are not too late!

My fuel and resultant drivability issue revolved around a NOS Nissan/Datsun power valve that was assembled incorrectly from the factory. One of the diaphragms was bunched up and perforated as a screw hole was missed!! Never would have thought it. Wrong, right out of the box.

Jose, my mechanic, and I never could get the idle adjusted rock steady and the car would hesitate and lose power at inappropriate times--- especially at low speeds. (sharp low speed cornering and acceleration from stoplights)

Inspection of the plugs fed from the rear carb indicated an over-rich condition that could not be compensated.

I'm confident now that these flattops are performing the way they were intended by the designers. The throttle positioner works properly and the EGR functions as it should. Coolant temperature sender and thermostatic valves all work as intended.

It has taken 2 years, but In a nutshell,  the engine has never run this well before---smooth as glass---I never knew what I was missing and cannot wait for the drive to Atlanta!

Safe travels!

See y'all there!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zup said:

Meet you flattoppers in Atlanta-----might be the largest gathering of us ever at a ZCON!

C.O and Gary---sure hope that your fuel issue is resolved and is not complicated by the loan to me  C.O. made of the fuel nozzle gauge and removal tool. I will return them in person with many thanks and hopes that they are not too late!

The fuel issues with Gary's car are getting the fuel TO the anchors. The carbs themselves are working great. It's the supply that's questionable. We were out this afternoon for about an hour and it's running excellent even with the intermittent low fuel pressure. I think at this point we're just going to go for it with a couple contingency plans in place in the unlikely event that it gets worse. Murphy and all that.

Looking forward to the group meeting of the Flat Top Advanced Research and Development Society.

And I'm thrilled that you've worked out the bugs from your system. I'm a little put aside that you didn't reach out for assistance. It wouldn't have taken me two years.    ROFL

7 minutes ago, GGRIII said:

I wouldn't shake his hand, you don't know where its been.  Drink his beer though!

Buwhaaahaa.... Nice.

Not to worry,....I'm bringing (now say it in the Hank Hill voice) "evaporators and evaporator accessories" so we can discuss HVAC upgrade options...

First time trip to Atlanta - since this is Coca-Cola's HQ, do I need to smuggle my Pepsi in?? LOL

2 hours ago, wal280z said:

First time trip to Atlanta - since this is Coca-Cola's HQ, do I need to smuggle my Pepsi in?? LOL

Yes, you do. Mountain Dew & Diet Dew are the only socially acceptable P-word company drinks. Otherwise enjoy the fine products of the Coca Cola family. LOL

True story - I used to travel up to Canada on business, but Diet Dew was not available in the Toronto area at the time. I would fly into Buffalo, rent my car, fill up on Diet Dew at the grocery store, and go across the border. If I ran low, sometimes co-workers smuggled more across the border.

Civilization was slow getting to that land up North.

14 hours ago, wal280z said:

I don't think it matters too much as long as you brown bag it and  besides,  we'll still call it a coke anyway no matter what it is.  But just to be safe, the local police have been alerted as to your intentions.  ?

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.