IGNORED

PARTS WANTED

240z70

Looking for these parts:  

Throttle lever and Knob

240z door springs -(springs only)

Functional Volt Gauge

Let me know if you have it and if so how much to buy it - shipping included- to San Jose California USA

If you need parts, also let me know.. I have some misc. available.

Edited by 240z70
Added part that i am looking for.

• 2 months later...

wal280z, the car is a 11/69 build date, so I guess 1970 would be the year.  But from what i understand, the the majority of the components are the same thru 78 except for the plate that attaches to to car.   All I need is the springs.

If you have them and wanna part, let me know how much (shipping included ) and how to pay via a PM.  I can do paypal to an email or something else. Thanks.

Edited by 240z70
Just realized that virginia is not california...lol did not see that before.

20 minutes ago, 240z70 said:

wal280z, the car is a 11/69 build date, so I guess 1970 would be the year.  But from what i understand, the the majority of the components are the same thru 78 except for the plate that attaches to to car.   All I need is the springs.

If you have them and wanna part, let me know how much (shipping included ) and how to pay via a PM.  I can do paypal to an email or something else. Thanks.

If your car is this early, you probably have the early style hinges. You need to post up a picture. They were very different

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 3:36 PM, 240z70 said:

240z door springs -(springs only)

Functional Volt Gauge

This might help your door hinge part search - http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsuns30/Datsun-Z-Index/Body-240Z/Door-Panel-Glass-Hinge

And it's pretty sure that you mean ammeter, not volt gauge, if it's the same car.  You'll probably want to match fonts on that part.  Nissan liked to change them.  Good luck.

Thanks Zedhead.  I checked the link but no cigar.  It was worth a try.  As far as the meter, it is the volt gauge that I am looking for.   Looking to do a new combo gauge with volt gauge and temp and replace the clock.  the temp will be for intake air temp.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 6:44 PM, Patcon said:

If your car is this early, you probably have the early style hinges. You need to post up a picture. They were very different

@240z70

I apologize, I do not have the hinges or springs.

On 12/6/2018 at 4:26 PM, 240z70 said:

As far as the meter, it is the volt gauge that I am looking for.   Looking to do a new combo gauge with volt gauge and temp and replace the clock.  the temp will be for intake air temp.

You will be searching for a volt gauge from a 1976 model ONLY. In 1977/78, Nissan changed the font of the lettering of the gauges.

edit: see the difference in the fonts in this thread.

Edited by wal280z
found thread with pictures

On 12/5/2018 at 6:44 PM, Patcon said:

They are, indeed.  Perhaps someone can post some pictures and, in doing so, clear up a few little mysteries for me:

• The pictures that I have of the door jamb details for early-year Z's indicate that it's the lower door hinge that's different, compared to the later-year Z's.  However, the online parts manual that I use ('Old Car Parts Manual') shows that the lower hinge never changed, while the upper hinge did (in mid-1972).  Comments?

• I have read somewhere that the hinges fitted to early-year Z's had no detents and swung freely.  Is this true, or was there actually a detent for the fully-opened position?

• Was there ever a period of production where the updated hinge design was fitted to the driver's side only?

I believe both sides were always the same

The older style had a lighter gauge spring and some scissors style Iinks. If they ever got difficult to close, when forced the links would fold up and destroy the hinge.

I believe the spring acted as the hold open without an actual detent

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No, not the linkage under the hood but the lever on the console that controls the RPM...Like a suicide lever since it acts like a cruise control but without any way to lower the rpm unless you move the lever or shut off the engine.....very hand but not for cruise control.....LOL.....it came on very early z but mine is missing it.