IGNORED

Holy $^!# I bought a turd

mattjcr240

so I bought the jcr 240 and have buyers remorse... bought a turd... so with my only mechanical knowledge being with motorcycles I'm a little lost. seems alot has been ripped out of this car in regards to emissions. If anyone would be so kind as to start rattling off things that are wrong. and what's with the tie wire? 

20180915_130738.jpg

20180915_130730.jpg

20180915_130724.jpg

48 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Too much information!  Try to boil it down even more.

well where the tie wire on the throttle linkage opens the front carb. how would it normally be held? is my valve cover vent in the proper location?

crank case vent is just open right now

I was being ironic.

Looks like somebody hacked some stuff together, for some reason.  Your valve cover hose would normally run to the air filter box, which is missing.  Did they put some sort of "cold air intake" at the end of the intake tubes?

Take more broad view pictures.  We'll zoom in.

Interesting car. I love the ingenuity of the previous owner.

I'm SO going out and making an intake just like that one! I bet there is a cone air filter out front of the rad but yes, show us more pictures! I will not use exhaust tubing or crush bends however.. Wait, I don't have a Z at the moment.... oh well.

It's missing the heat shield which is why the carb return springs don't have a place to connect at the bottom, so what was done is what you see to make them a place to mount.

The PCV valve should be connected to the open block vent. The valve cover connects to the missing air cleaner housing as mentioned. 

Take heart. If it runs and stops you've got something to work with.

I suppose I can offer an air cleaner housing and heat shield so you can get that thing looking and working a bit more 'right" under that hood. 

Edited by zKars