IGNORED

7" brake booster repair and restoration

Patcon

I was told at a car show that there was not anything brake related this guy could not rebuild.

Boosters too. I think you would actually have to send yours in to see if he could do a Datsun.

I only have my one booster so I cannot be without it for now.

http://whitepost.com/brake-sleeving-rebuilding-services/

Edited by Lumens

9 hours ago, Lumens said:

I was told at a car show that there was not anything brake related this guy could not rebuild.

Boosters too. I think you would actually have to send yours in to see if he could do a Datsun.

I only have my one booster so I cannot be without it for now.

http://whitepost.com/brake-sleeving-rebuilding-services/

I sent them an email a couple of days ago too ?

Vanco responded:

Charles, We no longer re-build vacuum units, BUT you can call these 2 companies & see if they can.
Karps Brake 909-985-0800  Ask for Jeff
Power Brake Sales 916-446-7829 Ask for Kathy

Edward
VancoPBS

I heard back from Harmon:

Yes, we can as long as the can is a twist & lock (Bendix Type)
We can not rebuild the booster with the band around the can 
$135.95 + Shipping

Thank you,
Harmon Classic Brakes

This is also who I ordered the Mustang booster kit from. The kit was $75 shipped, but could probably be cheaper for our boostes as we need fewer parts. I will have to see if he would cobble a kit together and post them on Ebay. For the extra $60 he would do it all plus shipping, which is not insignificant depending on where you live.

Charles,

I had a 73 rebuilt here in Indiana. I’ll do a little researching to see if I can find the receipt. I doubt I have it , but maybe can search and remember the name. He claimed that he could cross reference Bendix numbers. It did work great when I got it back

White Post Restorations (This shop does some high end cars)

Charles,
Yes, we sleeve/rebuild the master and rebuild the booster as a unit. Cost is $470 plus return s/h. If you would like to use our service, please complete the attached form and include it with your order.
Best regards,
Billy Thompson IV

22 minutes ago, madkaw said:

Charles,

I had a 73 rebuilt here in Indiana. I’ll do a little researching to see if I can find the receipt. I doubt I have it , but maybe can search and remember the name. He claimed that he could cross reference Bendix numbers. It did work great when I got it back

I think it would be great to locate some builders all across the country. That way people can use the one close to them or a cheaper builder if the freight can be offset.

BTW: When is that surgery?

2 minutes ago, Patcon said:

I think it would be great to locate some builders all across the country. That way people can use the one close to them or a cheaper builder if the freight can be offset.

BTW: When is that surgery?

Today

1706193F-2FD8-4184-8980-0A91316A5F88.jpeg