IGNORED

resurrecting a 1977 280Z

MM569457

• 4 weeks later...

The fuel sending unit on my 76 cleaned up nicely in EvapORust (best stuff ever), but failed when I tested it with a multimeter. ZcarSource here in Phoenix refurbished it nicely. If it matters, I can try to find the receipt, but I can say from experience that 280z fuel senders just don’t exist.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried a 240z sender in a 280z? They seem to be readily available, and I wonder if maybe the only thing you would lose is the fuel warning light (which often seems to not work very well anyway).

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I looked everywhere for a new sending unit on my 77...no dice. I soaked mine in a acid bath and it cleaned up nicely. It then passed the resistance test but is not working in the car. Could be a actual gauge problem. The tanks are a lot different in the 240z and the sending unit arm is a different length. I imagine it would work but likely not accurate. What did your pay to have yours refurbished? I remember it being pretty costly. The cheapest I found was a mom and pop place that specializes in old sending units in NY that wanted to charge $150 plus shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk