IGNORED

resurrecting a 1977 280Z

MM569457

1 hour ago, MM569457 said:

Lol. I’ll make sure my son holds the flashlight!!

That's child cruelty. 😉

r/memes - When your helping dad fix the car to learn but all you learned was how to hold a flashlight and get yelled at OOO N

By the way, I used to have a bench that was just about the height of the door sill. I could lie on that while reaching into the driver's footwell. It was much nicer than just throwing a blanket over the door sill while I was trying to maneuver the cotter key into the clevis pin. 

Edited by SteveJ
  • Like 3

There are only two wires.  One ring is bigger than the other.  Some pumps are set up so that they only fit the right way.  They usually put a + and a - on the terminals.  If you have a meter test the wires first.  Pretty sure green with white stripe is positive.  The black one should be continuous to ground.   Meter.

• Agree 1

Replace the rings. Use connectors like this: https://www.amazon.com/Pupilash-Terminal-Insulated-Electric-Connector/dp/B08T5P9Y2N

For the green wire in the harness use a female connector and a male connector on the red wire on the pump.

Use a male connector on the black wire in the harness and a female connector on the black wire on the pump.

Put some dielectric grease on both male connectors.

To crimp the connectors, I recommend a ratcheting crimper like this: https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-Ratcheting-Crimper-10-22/dp/B07WMB61J5/

• Agree 1

Those looks nice…it appears the supply chain issues haven’t impacted brake rotors.   Of note, many think the the rotor cuts face rearward but the actually go the other way.   The rotor in the picture you provided should go on the drivers side.  

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

Those looks nice…it appears the supply chain issues haven’t impacted brake rotors.   Of note, many think the the rotor cuts face rearward but the actually go the other way.   The rotor in the picture you provided should go on the drivers side.  

Correct. Motorsport called me and stated it’s a 3 month backlog, but it was mailed out later that day. I’m guessing they are concerned about shipping being fubar but it’s usually a week turnaround.

I’ll be pairing them with the S12-8 calipers after our snow storm in north Texas this week.

• Like 1