IGNORED

Just what the Doctor ordered. 1977 280z

grannyknot

On 7/3/2018 at 9:37 AM, siteunseen said:

I kept the AAR.  EGR, BPT and the warming plate with the thermal switch were trashed.  I plugged the coolant lines to the warming plate and the hose on bottom of the throttle body that went to the BPT.  I'm pretty sure that's all I had to do.  You might be able to see in this picture?

SDC10703.JPG

Cliff- be aware that the inline filter at your fuel rail could cause issues of internal failure. There are sections that can come loose and actually inhibit flow

Yes sir your right.

When I washed my tank out and coated it with RedKote  i was worried that stuff could come loose and clog up my system. I ran it for about 6 months with nary a bit of pinkish colored fuel. It's gone now. G-3 at the tank and OE filter under the hood is it.

Thanks for mentioning that, I run one on my 240 so I bought a pack of filter screens and need to swap a newer one in. I read when they get a greenish color the screens need replacing.

Cliff

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

Did they gig you on taxes on all of that? I hope not...:tapemouth:

They always get you on taxes and that I don't mind so much, it's FEDEX that I can't stand that's why I drove down to the border this time.

All that stuff was about $690 USD, with Fedex taking it across the border and delivering it in 9 separate boxes I would have been looking at another $700.

• Sad 2

I dropped the gas tank today, anyone else have an access hatch? At some time in the past this cut out was added so the tank could be cleaned and coated with Red Kote, looks like it was done a long time ago, the Red Kote has not held up well as the whole tank is quite rusty. I may just pay the $150 and get the tank dipped rather than trying to get all that crap out myself.

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG