grannyknot

Just what the Doctor ordered. 1977 280z

Have I been working on your car...?  Wait, I use zip-ties.... I guess not.

image.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yup!! There it is!  Thanks much for the confirmation!

LOL   So what you're saying is that I've got people who do that for me?   Haha!!! 

Now I just feel dirty........a little.......not really! 😉 Now we're even for when you played with my clam?

3 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Have I been working on your car...?  Wait, I use zip-ties.... I guess not.

image.png

Nope, zip ties are too permanent for my style.   I'm a velcro kind of guy. 😀

• Haha 1

looks like an aftermarket evap,  I like the use of a standard expansion valve, not the NLA stock Nissan.

11 hours ago, gwri8 said:

Now we're even

LOL.  Well we have both been under your dash, so yes... We're even. 

Thanks again for checking so I didn't have to!

• Like 2

Thanks guys, that's where it goes but I really should have asked that question BEFORE the dash was installed, lying on my back in the P/S foot well using this, AGHH

IMG_0227.JPG

2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

lying on my back in the P/S foot well

Woof. That's never fun.

That's why I let Greg do the under dash investigation.   :ph34r: 

• Haha 1

I was just writing the For Sale blurb and realized that back at post #152 I forgot to mention that I did end up having a valve job done, all the seats were great but on second accessment there was 3 exhaust valve guides that were just on the edge of needing work so had the whole thing done and the bottom milled flat, I'm hoping that helps up the compression numbers a bit.

Nice additional very honest write up you did.   Car looks great!   Out of interest, and I may have missed why,  is there a reason why you did not paint the hood vents blue 305 as opposed to black?

Up to 11k so far,  best of luck with sale ...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, S30Driver said:

Out of interest, and I may have missed why,  is there a reason why you did not paint the hood vents blue 305 as opposed to black?

The vents came painted black and I wrongly assumed that was the stock colour, see what I mean about lack of patience to do the research.

Congrats! I see your car and look at my stack of invoices and realize I should have just bought a rebuilt car like yours or @zKars a long time ago...

Oh well, more fun in doing it yourself but waaaaaaay more money!

1 hour ago, wheee! said:

Congrats! I see your car and look at my stack of invoices and realize I should have just bought a rebuilt car like yours or @zKars a long time ago...

Oh well, more fun in doing it yourself but waaaaaaay more money!

Much more fun!

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

The 280 just sold for $22,000 on BaT and now it is going to Dubai, http://www.tominiclassics.com/

I made my parts and materials cost back and a little bit for my labour, I'm happy boy.

Shopping list, another Z, bigger compressor, more lights in the shop, a new Tig welder🤩, maybe a spot welder too, ...

Congrats on that !!!

• Thanks 1

The quality of the build certainly showed. It was worth every penny and I'm happy for you.  Now, on to the next one!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

Time to start shopping again!

I am but there is not a lot being advertised right now except $4k rust buckets or $26k finished cars, neither of which are much fun.  Maybe in the spring.

14 hours ago, grannyknot said:

I am but there is not a lot being advertised right now except $4k rust buckets or $26k finished cars, neither of which are much fun.  Maybe in the spring.

Would you like me to help you spend your money? :beer:

What are you looking for and how far away can it be?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Patcon said:

Would you like me to help you spend your money? :beer:

What are you looking for and how far away can it be?

Ideally it would be very near where you live so you could look it over and so I could come for a visit.  Honestly I have enough projects going to keep me occupied until next winter but there is a car size void in my storage area that will fill up with junk if I don't get another Z in there.

Basically I'm looking for 70-78 Z without too much rust but that needs a complete resto,  how about you send Lily up to me and I'll have her back to you before spring driving season.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Ideally it would be very near where you live so you could look it over and so I could come for a visit.  Honestly I have enough projects going to keep me occupied until next winter but there is a car size void in my storage area that will fill up with junk if I don't get another Z in there.

Basically I'm looking for 70-78 Z without too much rust but that needs a complete resto,  how about you send Lily up to me and I'll have her back to you before spring driving season.

Wow! Don't tempt me!!

I would love to have you take up space here for a while!

I will start browsing though. Maybe I should just buy you a plane ticket for a month or so and you can come here and push Lily along...:ph34r:

• Haha 2