jfa.series1

SS Bumpers from Vietnam

I use a savings account I put just enough money in to cover the price. Give them that acct. # and they can't wipe out my checking account.

You could never be overly cautious in my opinion. They are trying their hardest to screw us! 

Group Harrington may not be the cheapest, but they had no problem with taking my credit card. I did have to contact the bank to tell them it was a legit charge. Group Harrington also shipped promptly. 

• Like 1

Have you looked at futofab.com? My chrome plated plain straight ones came through him then to me from Vietnam. Same boxes too. They were/are perfect to me and were the better price. That was a 'black Friday sale" though but that's just around the corner 

2 hours ago, z3beemer said:

I don't think you're being overly cautious. Too many unscrupulous overseas businesses. Once you do a wire transfer, your money is gone, even if you never get your order. Just offer to pay the PayPal fees. That way you at least have some recourse if they rip you off. If your PayPal account is tied to your credit card, you have an additional layer of protection. If the vendor is unwilling to accept PayPal, I'd tell them "no thanks " and look elsewhere Just my $.02

Exactly, pay their fees.

• Like 1

I offered to pick up the fees and got no pushback from the seller at all about using PayPal, so the order's placed and the waiting begins.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, charliekwin said:

I offered to pick up the fees and got no pushback from the seller at all about using PayPal, so the order's placed and the waiting begins.

That seems fair. 

Hi all.  I've been "off the reservation" for a while.

I'm on the fence about retrofitting early bumpers to my '77 now, while the fuel tank is out of the way, or later, when I can "afford to buy bumpers" (i.e. not have to delay gratification in other areas of my life).  And driving around bumperless isn't a good idea in SC (or probably anywhere).  So I need a nudge...

Any updates on recent orders, to guide me toward a particular vendor?  Harrington is out of my budget.  But the Asian ones might just be attainable, if the quality is there and a reputable supplier can be nailed down.

I will suggest googling "240 bumpers on 280 Eurodat classiczcars.com". Probably the best current thread we have. Also he has a '77 like yours.

And they're in a large shipping box. If your travels take you anywhere near you could pick them up at his business.

Edited by siteunseen
    • Like 2

I have both the futufab bumpers and the SS from Harrington.

Futufab are the ones I went with on my car because they fit better.

I'm located in Greer...

• Like 1

You won't be disappointed. Hopefully he's included the crome bolts for the rear now. I ended up buying stainless and buffing those up to nice shine. Short carriage bolts with nylon locking nuts, bought from Lowes. Oh yeah, I put some small rubber pieces on the sides to keep them off my paint. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Here are my new bumpers on my ‘73:

5C9F7CE8-49FE-4E71-89FD-B86D2327FA93.jpeg

8142FB7A-D592-4BAB-9953-3E7F9249B7CB.jpeg

Got them from Vietnam, the fit is excellent, I visited the factory in Saigon, about 1h drive from District 1, small shop, nice people and nice products. They do bumpers for all kind for all brands.

In fact I bought 2 sets, the 2nd one will go on my ‘70 after I’m done with restoration.

Edited by ZCarFever
    • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ZCarFever said:

Here are my new bumpers on my ‘73:

5C9F7CE8-49FE-4E71-89FD-B86D2327FA93.jpeg

8142FB7A-D592-4BAB-9953-3E7F9249B7CB.jpeg

Got them from Vietnam, the fit is excellent, I visited the factory in Saigon, about 1h drive from District 1, small shop, nice people and nice products. They do bumpers for all kind for all brands.

In fact I bought 2 sets, the 2nd one will go on my ‘70 after I’m done with restoration.

Who was the exact vendor?

@Patcon same as the one at the beginning of this tread. I like to see those things by myself, so I decided to go any pay them a visit, met with Amy and her boss, small joint, good products and nice people from what I experienced.

B46015A3-18A4-4FFE-95CC-69291333E33E.jpeg

6E2615F7-B25A-4A05-95F8-1CF78766E6E8.jpeg

6832E675-F61B-44D4-BB42-77B1C1DFF359.jpeg

45297E4B-BD5C-43FE-A93D-70E0EC611C61.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ZCarFever said:

@Patcon same as the one at the beginning of this tread. I like to see those things by myself, so I decided to go any pay them a visit, met with Amy and her boss, small joint, good products and nice people from what I experienced.

B46015A3-18A4-4FFE-95CC-69291333E33E.jpeg

6E2615F7-B25A-4A05-95F8-1CF78766E6E8.jpeg

6832E675-F61B-44D4-BB42-77B1C1DFF359.jpeg

45297E4B-BD5C-43FE-A93D-70E0EC611C61.jpeg

So you dealt with Amy.

I wish I had. I did ok but there was some run around and the finish could be a little better. Its interesting they fabricate out of a little shop. Pretty cool!

As info...my bumpers arrived from Futofab yesterday afternoon.  The boxes are printed with big letters that say "MADE IN TAIWAN".  So apparently Futofab bumpers are no longer sourced from Vietnam.  Or, maybe they get them from multiple sources.  Waiting on brackets from Eurodat to test fitment.

17 hours ago, charliekwin said:

Christmas came early. A box of shiny stuff came last week. A little hiccup or two in shipping, and more thoughts coming after I do the rear.ab9dad407ef4332acab10190ff9e846e.jpg8df092989074812784c362bd804f5170.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Looks great. 

Let us know how the rear bumper goes.  The center piece on the rear bumper was too large (by 3cm) which caused the side parts of the bumper to stick out, so it does not connect to the side of the car.  I reached out to them and they were suppose to send a new piece.... I'm still waiting.