IGNORED

Misfiring while cruising

2 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

Check the other plugs to see if they're all black or if the problem is isolated to #3 and #4. Verify that the choke cables are adjusted properly and that the cables aren't pulling the nozzles down when the choke knob is all the way forward.

i already cleaned both plugs with a brass brush and carb cleaner. I will need to leave it at idle again to see what happens.

Me too.  Those are the two that separate the dual carbs so it doesn't seem likely it's the cam or the carbs.  Could be as simple as the wires aren't connected good and tight.  My NGK wires make a nice SNAP noise when I put them back on the plugs.  The tip on our plugs can become loose to.  Tighten with pliers.

25 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Me too.  Those are the two that separate the dual carbs so it doesn't seem likely it's the cam or the carbs.  Could be as simple as the wires aren't connected good and tight.  My NGK wires make a nice SNAP noise when I put them back on the plugs.  The tip on our plugs can become loose to.  Tighten with pliers.

I still think that the original problem with #4 was a poor wire connection at one end or the other. I think we ruled out other possibilities. That said, @jalexquijano have you explored the possibility that Previously #4 had a bad connection and now #3 and #4 have the same problem? Oh yeah, I still want to know if all the plugs were black.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 1:40 PM, jalexquijano said:

Today's update:

Drove my car on light sunday traffic. Parked and let the engine run at idle for 10 mins with the hood opened. Step on the car and started accelerating. Car misfired a couple of times so when i got home i pulled plugs 3 and 4 and found them black. Is this normal? This is what happens when the car is sitting on traffic at idle.

This is the old fuel percolation problem from way back, I think.  Never got solved.

How hot was it on Sunday?