IGNORED

Combo switch

krZing

I forgot that the 73 also had the 9 pin connector. It's time for you to develop a lot of proficiency in reading wiring diagrams and fixing wiring. 

Vintage Connections (http://www.vintageconnections.com) has most of the connectors you will need and good extracting tools to remove connectors from the shells.

The FSM has a lot of good information in the BE section once you learn how to use it. For the wiring diagram, it's best to start at one point, such as the switch) and carefully follow the line to the other point, like the light bulb or fuse box. In reality, the wiring is broken down by the engine harness, dash harness, and body harness. The FSM shows the connections between the harnesses and what wire color should be at what point in the connector.

You may have to pull the dash and examine the dash harness closely to get rid of the mistakes of the previous owner.

You might find something useful with these pictures.  My 9/76 280.

combo switch up close.jpg

combo switch.jpg

I used this write up to repair mine a few years ago.  Mainly cleaning the carbon off and flipping the plates over to make better contact.  I'd lost my dash lights but wound up with brighter headlights too.

http://www.kamikazeracing.org/dl/ZTech/Rebuild_240Z_combo_switch.pdf

Edited by siteunseen