IGNORED

Where to go with this rusthole

Elliott000

5 hours ago, Elliott000 said:

I wanna strip the whole car as mentioned but don't really want to 2k prime it then have to clean the paint off in repair areas and re spray..... Should I just strip prep and spray then cut out and fix whatever is left after? Or buy the por15 prep or similar and trust that coating it leaves on is good to not flash off and rust a bit while I tackle the other side? (I've committed to full paint strip)

That is a tough one, depends on how long you think it will take you to get to the last area that needs repair,  you could mask off all the areas that need repair work and 2k prime the rest of the car.

Whoa, just the pics of your score, what a score!

That is a tough one, depends on how long you think it will take you to get to the last area that needs repair,  you could mask off all the areas that need repair work and 2k prime the rest of the car.
Whoa, just the pics of your score, what a score!
In terms of re painting the fixes. Example lower wheel/quarter. With the epoxy can it be blended into the first coat easily? Know what I mean

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Elliott000 said:

With the epoxy can it be blended into the first coat easily?

I've only done this once so I may not be the best person to ask but here is what I did, the area I was working on had been primed with 2k primer and I decided to improve a welded patch, I sanded the area down to metal again, repaired the patch, cleaned it well and mixed up a small batch of 2k primer. Sprayed the bare metal area with a heavy coat, let it flash off and did a 2nd heavy coat 2-3 ft all around the repair, after it cured it was blocked out until it was smooth. Maybe it was beginners luck but it worked okay for me.

Good score on the parts!

What ever you lay on bare metal, will not be your final primer (etch primer or epoxy primer). There should be a filler primer laid down after sealing then blocked out. If you paint in sections, your high build aught to take care of any overlapping epoxy paint. Epoxy is not know for it great sanding qualities. It's hard! and hard to sand, that is the way it is supposed to be.

Good to hear patcon and everyone. I think im gunna polish off the metal work on the passenger side, etch it and the roof then epoxy er up! I'll spin the car around and focus on the driver side for a few months after that. Last night I couldn't wait so I started in on drilling out the Weldon the peices I got. Today I'll line things up and start fitting them. Paying close attention to forward back so the hood isn't wonky! received_578150265955157.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

• Like 1