IGNORED

5 speed swap

CRS

fyi, I checked, my old one had two holes (ovals actually) where as the omega machine had one. IIRC, one of the hole lines up with the oil supply channel, the other hole was just blocked off by the housing. I of course made sure the single hole on the replacement bush was lined up with the channel. I guess the grooves in the bush are supposed to transport the oil to the rest of the bushing.

it was pretty easy to do, socket to tap it out with, then freeze the bush and heat up the housing. be extra careful on the line up as you noted. If you have a press prob the way to go for more control.

I would not bother unless you noticed slop with the drive shaft. After all the seal does on the leak control, so long as the drive shaft is not flopping around.

• 3 weeks later...

finally put the 280z on jack stands for the swap now that the trans and differential have been sealed with new gaskets, seals and O-rings.

I noticed that the 4 speed has 3 electrical connectors were the 5 speed only has one?

I assume backup lights, maybe reverse lockout, not sure the other.

Since I only have one connector on the 5 speed what should be done with the others?

Thanks.

On my 4 speed I only had the reverse light switch. I can't recall any other electrical connectors. Maybe an auto would have a neutral but  you are going from a 4speed. Maybe a pic of the old 4 speed would be a clue. Are you seeing maybe a wire that goes to a cat converter? that is in the area of the trans.

Edited by Dave WM