IGNORED

DIY Home Built Vapor Blasting/ Honing Cabinet , wetblasting

duffymahoney

• 4 months later...

GREAT Build!

I've been searching the internet for someone that has actually build a quality unit that works so i'd like to thank you {Duffymahoney} for all that you have done for my project. I may have missed it but I am wondering where you bought your "blast" gun?

Thanks again

1 minute ago, Worx10r said:

So will any nozzle work or does it need to be a wet nozzle?

Thank you, please let us know if you come up with a better nozzle. 

I will probably continue to use mine.  I honestly don't know what nozzle would be the best.  Vapor honing technology uses a chinese one you can find on alibaba.  

Well I killed my first slurry pump.  It was a 70$ amazon one that is no longer available.  This one looks indentical and has the same stats but I like how easy it is to take apart, I will try to take better care of it and flush it after every use.  I had about 20 hours on the first one.  Also I have 3 nikki fuel pumps to blast and a FET triple intake.  Should be fun! 

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

I was thinking that a sewage pump would be more robust

The glass beads aren't that heavy but once they are stationary they don't get moving easily without some agitation, I think the sewage pump would have a hard time lifting them up. I'm using the hopper design the same as Duffy with the glass beads above the pump and I still have to blast the nozzle down into the pile of beads to get them mixed up so they can be sucked down to the pump.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patcon said:

"Giant Overkill" is good! LOL sort of like reaching for a bigger hammer...

Did you look through the link I posted earlier?

There are tons of websites for blasting stuff.  Very little actually has to do with vapor/ water honing or whatever people call it.  I got lucky and the vapor honing guy gave me some secrets.  That's why mine works so well.  Next best thing would be some sort of slurry pre mix machine.  You could go nicer on the pump, but all pumps wear out.  Something that could be rebuilt would be nice.  The reason I picked this pump, is because it's easier to pull apart then my last one.