IGNORED

240Z D hubcaps ... reproduction?

JSM

Other options on CL for the same parts:

Orange Co CA - For sale by "Brad":
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/d/datsun-240z-hubcaps-excellent/6484684385.html
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/wto/d/datsun-240z-hubcaps-excellent/6501221907.html

Or the previously mentioned ad from Spokane, WA - Also by "Brad":

https://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/d/datsun-240z-hubcaps-excellent/6484688936.html

Maybe someone should give Kevin a call. There is a phone number in the CL ad...

There is apparently a plethora of these really hard to find expensive parts to be had. In fact, so many, that they shouldn't be either expensive, OR hard to find.

Edited by Captain Obvious

2 hours ago, nix240z said:

I won the auction at $520 and the seller canceled the order. Reason:  under priced...

You should report that to ebay. I believe if there was no reserve, he is obligated to some degree. You should sic the ebay dogs on him. First for counterfeit parts, then for improper business practices.

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Like 3

On 3/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, Captain Obvious said:

You should report that to ebay. I believe if there was no reserve, he is obligated to some degree. You should sic the ebay dogs on him. First for counterfeit parts, then for improper business practices.

let seller know not real and are reproductions... 

Edited by nix240z
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, nix240z said:

LOL I won the auction at $520 and the seller canceled the order. Reason:  under priced...

sellers name is Kevin Luu 

Whoa I’d contact eBay for a grevience on that one for sure. Assuming you want them. 

I wonder how the people who already purchased sets of these would feel to be learn that the parts were misrepresented as NOS from the OEM, but are in fact newly pressed repros. If I were judging at a concourse show, I would slam these things hard in my judge eval.

I also wonder if the people selling these have properly claimed them (and the value they represent) on their customs import forms. I also question the country of origin as Japan. I wonder how that can be confirmed.

I mean, I'm all for parts being made available. And if repros are necessary because originals are unavailable, then I got nothing wrong with that either. But clearly advertise and sell them as repros. Passing them off as OEM or NOS, or rebuilt originals is deceitful.

• Like 2