IGNORED

Bending float tab direction - 3 screw SU

882993md

31 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Bend the tab down slightly. That will close the valve later and allow more fluid to enter

That's what we did. The biggest change was the float was not tipped up quite as much as in the picture and the level was slightly higher.

We set both carbs to the same level and that is where we will begin the tuning process.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

This was my last fuel level using sight plastic hoses fastened to the drain holes of the carbs. Am i good? 

My carbs don't have a drain plug, so I can't use this method. However, I've heard that you want the float bowl level to be the same as the "bridge" in the carburetor. The bridge might be thought of as the part that the carb piston rests on or where the needle and jet first meet.

If you fuel level is at that level, you should be good to go.

7 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

Okay i understand all this bending and adjustment but how can i test the car to determine the float level in the chambers incorrect or correct? Driving on a hill?

Why do you think you need to? Last I heard your car was running properly

41 minutes ago, DannDZ said:

That's what we did. The biggest change was the float was not tipped up quite as much as in the picture and the level was slightly higher.

We set both carbs to the same level and that is where we will begin the tuning process.

What he said. More fuel in the chamber you need to bend the tang down, away from the needle.

• 2 weeks later...

It may be a case of don't fix what ain't broke! How is it running these days? Still loading up the plugs in traffic and running crappy? Are the plugs relatively clean? If you're not having a specific problem it may be best to move on to another concern or sit back and enjoy a brew while admiring your Z.

I had a thought about checking the mixture (not specifically the float level) while climbing a hill. If one is climbing a steep hill and the mixture is on the lean side, adding a bit of choke will richen the mixture and one can feel the increase of power. Similar to adding more choke to a cold engine.