IGNORED

[SOLD] 1973 Datsun 240Z Scarab

ABQ240

He only has two posts.  And I think his avatar is a Porsche.  Maybe he was being ironic.
Sorry fellas just guess I'm out the loop on what something like this is worth. Yes I've owned many 911's but Ive been searching for a 240 and didn't expect them to bring this kind of $.

Sorry
Jr

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, riverstonefly said:

Sorry fellas just guess I'm out the loop on what something like this is worth. Yes I've owned many 911's but Ive been searching for a 240 and didn't expect them to bring this kind of $.

Sorry
Jr

A Scarab is a very unique car. They tend to be very rare and one in great shape could bring this kind of money.

Early year 240z's are bringing this kind of money and more if they are the right car in the right place...

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:57 AM, riverstonefly said:

43k.....dude emoji55.png

This isn't some V8 swap done by a couple of rednecks in a shed over a weekend.  I remember reading about these when I was a kid. It is a matter of finding the right buyer. I wish I didn't have a wife.  :( 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, 

Interested in the Scarab you have for sale, just wanted  to know if it was still available and if so, how can I contact you.  My email address is tony@derosewine.com and Phone number is 831-636-9143.  Hope to hear back from you.

Thank you

Without verifiable documentation, this is just another V8 conversion. If I was contemplating paying 43-large for something described as "rare", "original" and "a survivor", I'd expect at least a modicum of documentation and certainly more photos showing the unique features and modifications that make this something other than a good fake. If it was converted by Scarab it's a low option version, no flares, different rear spoiler, etc.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be definitive information on the differences between factory vs. self-converted cars.

Caveat emptor, friends.

And seller, if you don't like my opinion, that's your issue, not mine.

On 2/28/2018 at 2:35 AM, 87mj said:

This isn't some V8 swap done by a couple of rednecks in a shed over a weekend.  I remember reading about these when I was a kid. It is a matter of finding the right buyer. I wish I didn't have a wife.  :( 

Ahhh...memories of beating a dent in the shock towers with a small sledge so the 351 Cleveland would fit in to the little Ford Futura engine bay.  Good times...

It was a barn though, not a shed.

Edited by Zed Head

On 2/28/2018 at 2:35 AM, 87mj said:

This isn't some V8 swap done by a couple of rednecks in a shed over a weekend.  

This is the basic problem of "no paperwork".  Can't tell where it came from.  If you could get even some old letters or find some scribble marks in the engine bay, it would add a lot.

Some rednecks do fine work too.