IGNORED

[SOLD] WTB Stock Series 1 240Z

Guest pazt2prezent

6 hours ago, pazt2prezent said:

WOW! We're REALLY down a wormhole here...I thought forums were about celebrating our mutual love for the cars we drive. I've lost track of your posts, but thank you at  least for helping to clarify the definition of a HAKOSUKA "clone."

Mine: The term "clone" refers not to the fact that it was somehow made into a Skyline from something else, but the fact that despite having all of the GT-R parts/modifications which you could purchase from Nissan back in the day to make any trim level (in this case a "luxury" GT-X) look exactly like a GT-R on the outside.

Yours: "If it's a "clone" (actually, merely a lookalike despite your exhortations...) of anything then it's a clone of a KPGC10 GT-R."

You said the exact same thing, just with more pomp and circumstance. Anyone else who's actually following this now absurd thread that started with me simply looking for a series 1 Z  (which I happily found) can Google "HAKOSUKA clone for sale" and see exactly what we're both talking about. 

As for the degeneration of the rest of your posts, from "your 'Hako' appears to be a (very nice!) GT-R lookalike" to your diatribe about why I'm not a purist, etc., I'll take the high road and end the discussion about anybody's personal knowledge, cars, etc, here.

Two things: First of all, you wrote "HAKO clone" and THAT is what I initially corrected (in a fairly friendly manner, I believe). It was your response to that correction which got us off on the wrong foot (especially your "...for those whose only reference for these particular cars is Wikipedia." comment). Don't try to move the goalposts by changing it to "Hakosuka "clone"", as that is a whole other scenario.

It's really simple, isn't it? Your car cannot be a "HAKO clone" (ie, a clone of a Hakosuka) because it is always has been a 'Hakosuka' Skyline. Your car is simply a lesser model dolled up (or down, if you prefer) to look like a GT-R. Why not just admit that fact? All the smoke, mirrors and cod justification takes away from what I'm sure is a very nice car. Just be real about what you've got. As I said before, if you don't like it then you should have bought a real GT-R in the first place.

Secondly, you have to expect to get some if you give some. Whining about forums as though you are somehow above them, whilst making use of one for your particular requirements, is - again! - delicious irony. For the record, if we met face to face and you told me your car is a "HAKO clone" I'd do the same as I've done here and correct you. I'd correct you on all the other stuff you came out with about Sport Corner, NISMO, the GT-Kai emblem and your inference that we are Wikipedia-referencing neophytes too. It might be interesting to share a cup of tea with a self-professed "purist" though. Most of the car people I hang around with would rather claim to be pragmatists...    

21 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

It's Mike's site and he said "Datsun/Nissan" Z car.  That takes the category all the way to 1978.

image.png

Your point being what, exactly?

If people are telling our fellow member EuroDat that his HLS30 Datsun 280Z "is not a real S30" then they are clearly wrong. We should all rail against such ignorance and attempt to correct it if we have the opportunity.

Let me at 'em...

I've had a thought, which I think is reasonable.  Mike could create a new sub-forum, maybe call it The Purist Zone, where the purists can have their discussions and share their knowledge.  Then, instead of interjecting when somebody says something impure, the purist can simply provide a link to the new sub-forum. "We've clarified that situation here - link" or something similar.

The sub-forum could even be "no holds (words) barred" for the members that really want to make their point, or just simply do word battles.

@Mike Mike-san, what do you think?  It would contain much of the vitriol and people could enter at their own risk.  You might have to disable the feature that shows the first few lines of the posts though, just to keep it off of the front page.

Most of these big arguments come from members trying to control the site to their liking.  Maybe we just need more choices.

Edit - forgot to say that I do enjoy learning about the histories of the cars and their features but just don't like to read all of the extra stuff that often goes along with it.  Let's give it a special place.

Edited by Zed Head

8 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Most of these big arguments come from members trying to control the site to their liking.

A quote for posterity from one of the very people who try to do just that very thing...

Presumably you think irony is the hot thing the laundry uses on your shirts.

I posted a clip from Mike's welcome in #36.  I'm trying to follow Mike's guide.  I do like the way the site is intended to be, so by definition trying to control it to Mike's liking is the same as controlling it to my liking.

You're trying to hold everyone to the purists' values.  You would be much freeer in the new sub-forum.  You're welcome.

Guest pazt2prezent

That is a point well taken and worth clarifying! Grade 1-5 is used in the Japanese auctions/import market, with the higher number denoting the better car, when the inspector marks his sheet...perhaps appropriately the "reverse" of Hagerty's scale since the steering wheels are on the other side ;) I was lucky to find the car I was looking for through a friend of a friend that hit the number I was looking for by either rating system...my brain has been in RHD mode lately with the PAO and, to be very precise and pragmatic, my modified GT-X HAKOSUKA. LOL

Edited by pazt2prezent

Guest pazt2prezent

I literally can't keep up at this point...my last response to HS30-H,  simply to prevent any misinformation regarding my friends...the Olympics are on for goodness sakes...something that brings us all together? 

Edited by pazt2prezent

2 hours ago, pazt2prezent said:

The T-Bird was a (very sweet) customer's car...now I'm pretty sure we're WAY off topic and I'll be more careful about what's in the background of any pictures I post...you're digging hard reading door shop stickers in the background!

It's your thread, we can take it any where you want. Can't high jack your own thread!

you will find that almost all of the regulars here are good people and very observant of the details!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

That's a good idea ZH, ..... but then it would only have one member.

Actually, I was serious.  There should be a separation between the hobbyists and modifiers like us, and the collectors, who appreciate the originality and provenance of the "marque".

Those who want to enjoy a mellow conversation can do that, and those who want to do battle with words can do their thing.  Each to his own.

• Mike locked this topic