IGNORED

Fuel tank sending unit

Villeman

I am thinking it was in the 300-500 range, but that is IIRC..

Pretty sure 12/500 .024amp should keep it off. Could just get a 1k pot and see where to go from there. then use the high resistance reading for the starting point.

“Negative Temperature Coefficient”. NTC thermistors are resistors with a negative temperature coefficient, which means that the resistance decreases with increasing temperature

For liability reasons I don't know if its a good idea to make a recommendation. I think the OP should be able to make up his own mind from here what would be the best course of action.

Edited by Dave WM

yup, all the information I need, thanks :)  guess I will spend some time hunting a OEM replacement. I promise to characterize it when i get one :), have all equipment here (stabilized thermal bath, heaters and propper measuring devices). Thanks guys!

to summarize for those who do not like to read

Edited by Villeman
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have a crazy idea!

When the gas gauge gets close to E, put more gas in the tank. Don't worry about the light that tells you the same thing. Sorry, couldn't resist.:D 

Now that I've had my fun at your expense, maybe there is a sender with that part in my collection. Somewhere..... 

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fuel too expensive over here I'm always driving on fumes :D:D

Haha, but my resistor is also damaged - I was hoping to fix at least one type of fuel "measuring" device.

Still have to disassemble it, I guess a bit of bending and re soldering will fix the resistor of the float.

Edited by PrincePaul

Thanks I'll call my local nissan dealer next week, lets see.

Than at least the gauge is working - the lamp is not sooo important. As the sender is mounted in the top of the fuel tank in a 78 280z its easy to mess around with it on a later state anyway ;)

Edited by PrincePaul

1 hour ago, PrincePaul said:

Thanks I'll call my local nissan dealer next week, lets see.

Than at least the gauge is working - the lamp is not sooo important. As the sender is mounted in the top of the fuel tank in a 280z its easy to mess around with it on a later state anyway ;)

Careful with generic statements... my 76 280Z is a side mounted fuel sender....