IGNORED

Rally Suspension

NoClassic

We just picked up a clean 260z rolling chassis and are considering a rally/safari inspired build. The past week or so I have been doing a bunch of reading but cant find any definitive answers regarding lifted suspension setup for the chassis. Is there a proven combination that you guys are running on these? 

On 1/8/2018 at 4:49 PM, NoClassic said:

We just picked up a clean 260z rolling chassis and are considering a rally/safari inspired build. The past week or so I have been doing a bunch of reading but cant find any definitive answers regarding lifted suspension setup for the chassis. Is there a proven combination that you guys are running on these? 

Is the car actually going to be used in anger as a rally car, or is it more of a 'looks' thing?

If it is for serious use then I could give some recommendations, but if it's just a looks thing you could build your own setup with a few pointers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You could always try and find the factory rally springs, this guy went into immense detail about the factory Torco options with spring rates and diagrams. If the factory rally setup could survive the EAS it can handle whatever you plan to do.

http://www.jdmjunkies.ch/wordpress/2017-01-19/240z-the-ultimate-guide-to-factory-suspension-and-options/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DatsunDylan said:

You could always try and find the factory rally springs, this guy went into immense detail about the factory Torco options with spring rates and diagrams. If the factory rally setup could survive the EAS it can handle whatever you plan to do.

I'm sorry but I find it hard to take the JDM Junkies thing seriously. He's got half a paper parts label,  he's reading 'TORCO LTD' on it and concluding that 'TORCO LTD' were the manufacturers of suspension components for Nissan...?

There may well be a parallel universe where somebody has found the other half of that paper label, is reading 'NISSAN MO' on it and concluding that 'NISSAN MO' were the manufacturers of suspension components for Nissan.

1ZA6pS.jpg

Edited by HS30-H
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Reality check:

ALVXQb.jpg

5ENA5O.jpg

Nissan out sourced their parts, it's a Nissan factory part not made in a Nissan factory. A very common one, is AMPCO, Atsugi Motor Parts Company. They were one of the companies licensed by Nissan to make parts including L24 pistons, water and fuel pumps, and struts. If you look at your pistons they will say AMPCO or Atsugi on them, not made by Nissan, made for them. So I don't have trouble believing Torco was one of those companies.