zed2

[2018] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

Unpacked several recent purchases for install on the Datsun on New Year’s Day.

• Like 2

Took our ‘72 240Z down to Cars and Coffee in San Clemente, CA. We didn’t park in the exhibitor area, but based on what I saw there, we probably should have. There was one really beautiful right side drive, orange 240Z there. It could’ve used some company :-)IMG_6984.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 2

Going for Cars and Coffee tomorrow at Zup's house.   Based on tomorrows weather forecast in Bentonville,  18 is the high,  it will be Cars and Ice Coffee.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Whooohoo! 2018.  I almost remotely controlled* my neglected 280z into the garage for its refresh but the Ridgeline developed an oil leak so it went in the garage... -15C outside.

I'll have the truck fixed when the stores open on Tuesday then ol' Blue goes under the knife/welder.   An experiment in rust.

* walking beside it while pressing a remote starter and the transmission in 1st gear.

Edited by 240260280

2 hours ago, Zup said:

Probably sounds like a heat wave

It will be a frosty -9 degrees F tonight in my part of southern Ontario.  No relief in site either. The prediction for Friday is the same.

Happy New Year to all!

Zilver,  Zup, Fiona and S30Driver wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

May 2018 be the best year ever for you all!

• Like 2

Tested my new metal replica Fairlady hood emblem.

(Oem emblem to the right for comparison)

IMG_9843.PNGIMG_9820.JPGIMG_9822.JPG

• Like 4

Took my son up to a new home development that is under construction for a session of manual transmission driver training. He is doing great. Part of me is going to be sad when he is ready to drive it on his own. I don’t think I will ever see it again!
IMG_6964.JPG

• Like 3

My son and I did our first brake work. Trying to chase down some howling from the right side front disc.
Remove the wheel and brake pads. Cleaned the rotor and calipers, cleaned and sanded the pads. Added some “brake quiet” goop on the back of the pads and reinstalled everything. Seems good so far…IMG_0070.JPG

• Like 1

IMG_9951.JPGIMG_9949.JPGIMG_9950.JPGGot my Oem Euro front valence (predrilled with built in nuts for the Oem front spoiler) back from paint.

Discovered that the Us valence and the Euro valence have different ways of mounting.

Euro has built in nuts Us don't, or is it something that depends on what year it's made?

Hope to get time to put the valence and spoiler on the car this week.

• Like 1

Trying to organize all my nissan stuff from all the crap. Went through 2 tool boxes and  much more to go. 

So hard when you have that nut or bolt that you know you have that you can’t find. 

DD6B61E6-7DAA-4934-B3D1-A738E4A1E6A5.jpeg

3FAFB551-55E0-4080-97B1-30E41677969B.jpeg

My awesome mechanic, Rod Schmitt in Rancho Cucamonga, CA took care of a couple of items for me. The driver seat had punched through the mounting areas on the left side, both front and rear. He welded them back into place and added 1/8-inch steel plates on all four corners to strengthen it all. I will finally be able to lean back into the seat comfortably!

The frame for the lower half (seating area) of the seat was broken and bent and needed to be replaced, which he also took care of.

Also, he welded up some holes in the exhaust system. Should run even better now.IMG_6980.JPG.6112f4ae4edc054e130ae11f9408a165.JPGImage1517362979.613675.jpg.7aedcb51b2509c62e36ac3d7845e8d9e.jpgImage1517362997.654253.jpg.a0e459ca8f32b94d896faf453973917f.jpgImage1517363010.268423.jpg.0b148c56b88c8291c00f7fc1c7d8fba6.jpg

Oem Euro front spoiler installed.

Rear spoiler is next.

IMG_9975.JPG

(And yes I need to adress the leakage)

Edited by moelk

Rolled her out today to get some parts out of my tiny garage. 

Put the rear spoiler on with tape to get an ide of what it will look like (still needs some tweaking and to be painted).IMG_9995.JPGIMG_9996.JPGIMG_9997.JPGIMG_0006.JPGIMG_0009.JPG

• Like 2

Bought a lot that included triple carbs, coil overs and camber plates, NOS Nissan valve springs, rockers and lash pads, NOS front fender and sugar scoop, engine bearings and rings, rear wheel well repair piece, and two rocker panels.

Edited by 240260280

Set my float levels and balanced the SU's. Used the Float Sync for setting the floats and a color tune for checking the mixture. It seems to have worked, won't know until I get it out under load. I did notice one thing using the Float Sync, the front carb fuel level is dropping once off of idle and the rear is not. I will have to pose the question in a new post and see what the carb gods say about that.