IGNORED

[2018] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Installed a new stereo (Sadly i dont have a original stereo for my car).

Took it apart and grinded the chrome away.

663191B1-2C33-40BD-85AD-4A1972976A38.jpeg651D9EFC-E76D-4B17-8371-D28E019F0299.jpeg897056F6-C591-4ACB-89D0-5C7C0346BDB8.jpeg

Will see how long it last But it looks ok for $25, and my daughters can play their music through bluetooth.

Edited by moelk

Installed a new rebuilt front Caliper from O'Riley's.  It was only $30.  Now it doesn't pull right when I hit the brakes! ;) The bonus was I got to bench bleed the Master Cylinder and flushed out the brake lines adding even more time to the job.  Messy! 

On 3/10/2018 at 8:09 AM, Diseazd said:

Removed the tint from my 73.......

It looks so much better with the tint removed. Beautiful. To my eyes, a classic car like a Z with substantially tinted windows is like the same car with super modern wheels and rubber band tires. It just doesn't look right. You made a great improvement there. Gorgeous Z.

Getting ready to dive into our first real brake job. Replacing rotors and pads. We have the rotors, pads, seals and grease sitting ready to go. Bearings are in stock at AutoZone up the street if we find we need them.

The only part I'm anxious about is getting the inner bearings out when we get to that point. Any last-minute advice?

Getting ready to dive into our first real brake job. Replacing rotors and pads. We have the rotors, pads, seals and grease sitting ready to go. Bearings are in stock at AutoZone up the street if we find we need them.
The only part I'm anxious about is getting the inner bearings out when we get to that point. Any last-minute advice?

Those inners punch out pretty easy. I bought a harbor fright 12 ton press. Make the fronts and back a snap

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Going for Cars and Coffee tomorrow at Zup's house.   Based on tomorrows weather forecast in Bentonville,  18 is the high,  it will be Cars and Ice Coffee.  default_laugh.png

Are you in Northwest Arkansas? I'm in Fayettenam and there aren't too many Bentonvilles. Just wondering?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Mike pinned this topic