240 in OZ

St.stephen,

Thanks for the support.

Here's what the UK price guides say:

*Datsun 240Z = ~ 8,500

*Datsun 260Z = ~ 7,250

*Ferrari Dino 246GT = ~ 55,000

*Lamborghini Miura = ~ 70,000

Those prices are in Pounds Sterling, and for "Condition 1" cars.

Must say that the really good stuff seems to go for more than that over here - so the price guides are a bit conservative. Condition is ALL when it comes to the top money though.

The really best Creme-de-la-Kremlin stuff seems to change hands for top money and never gets advertised.

All the best,

Alan T.

alan, thanks so much for the info. The 246 and the miura have always been a dream of mine so I have been pricing the reality of that dream and until I hit the lotto looks like that is all it;s going to be.

This gentleman in CA miura resto bought a miura back in 1980 something and still has yet to finish it. He also has a uracco that he is going to be selling to help fund the project. Great site with lots of info. He is currently restoring the car with some SV upgrades. Both the 246 and the miura are to me two of the most gorgeous vehicles ever built. maybe some day I'll get my hands on one before I take my last breath on this earth :classic:

Ah, great to see another view Trex! Personally, I always appreciate a conflict of beliefs as it gives the rest of us who don't know as much about the topic both sides of the story. I would like to hear what you have to say about the Samuri name. But like Alan said I dont think the car he owns has anything to do with the topic.

Oh and st. stephen, do yourself a favour and spend the extra 15,000 pounds and get a Miura! Like you, my dream car is a Miura. :love: :love: :love: I bet you watched the intro to 'The Italian Job' as many times as I did too ROFL

Alan T, it never amazes me the amount of information you have on the Z even more so with the contacts you have established in Japan with people who eat and breath 240z's.

Hence in the forum your views and opinions have always been highly regarded. I have always looked highly upon your replies and opinions from your puristic point of view.

You must know from the various feedback and replies to the forum that you have a following of people in the forum who respect your views and comments, right or wrong personal or not. This in a way whether intentional or otherwise gives you automatic membership into the list of 'gurus' on this forum.

To this end even though you have a right to express your opinion on this forum, personal views and judgements on Samuri may do more damage than just being a personal opinion.

Imagine Mike giving his personal views on BRE negatively.

For those who are mature enough to process these views and information it does not pose an issue. For those who are not so mature and easily influence, then the mob mentality prevails and someone will suffer. The end result being that there will always be a victim when the lynch mob arrives.

Hence my defence for Samuri and the work with which Spike has done to earn him a place in the 240z history in UK. Samuri is a legend and there is a following who prescribes to it. The word 'hype' as used just reflects the discontentment or negative feeling towards Samuri for one reason or another.

I suppose its easier to throw abuse as a spectator, at the boxer in the fighting ring then to be the boxer in the fighting ring.

It was once written, what John Cooper did for the Mini in UK, Spike Anderson did the same for the 240Z in UK and Peter Brock ( BRE) for US.

A Samuri fan ( who is not British ). Keep up the good work Alan.

Best regards from this part of the world.

I agree with the Deftly Daft one it is good to see we have more than one opinion on a subject, and debate lives.

I think we should reframe from public flaying of the individual and keep it all above the plimsoll line.

When flaying is on the menu though, at least give the rest of the Turkeys enough credit to strip back the crackling for themselves.

As for Samuri, a very interesting subject.

My 2c

Steve. :geek:

I got some pictures, looks like the engine is pretty darn stock..................

And the ride height doesn't look too different to stock either.. definite signs that it used to have a special paint job though...

post-1243-14150792656027_thumb.jpg