IGNORED

FYI - 240Z Dashboards

w3wilkes

The dash on one of my cars is in terrible shape.  The PO was classy enough to use dark colored drywall screws.  I suspect most other people would use steel colored screws or hex heads.  :)

Anyway, mine is in such bad shape, these dashes could suck and I would still be in better shape than I am now.   In as bad of shape as my dash is, I would rather it be busted up than install cap over it.

Oh boy, a new dash for my 77 280! I would love to have a new one. I had no choice but to install a full face dash cap. And I have tried twice to get the full face cap to fit right and it doesn't!! Still better than looking at my present dash. 

I spent 17 years in Vegas and that's what destroyed my dash. Or at least helped it along. It is so brittle that if I was to attempt removal of the dash cap my dash would disintegrate. 

The price is great. I would buy a new dash before re-doing my seats. That's how bad mine is.

I'm in for a series 1 dash. ...Email Sent...   
i thought  the frame was part of the dash ? does anybody have pictures?
has anybody used this product???
https://datsunzfiberglass.wordpress.com/author/datsunzfiberglass/

I have not heard anything good about this company. No one seems to be able to get anything from them. Or a hold of them.

On 12/24/2017 at 6:15 PM, wheee! said:

Dash caps look terrible in my opinion. As soon as I see one I am disappointed in the car and suspect of anything else that has been done to it. It’s just a half step in my opinion. New dash, restored dash or original dash. A cap just looks fake to me.
Sorry if I offend anyone that has one, but I just can’t get past the look....

DITTO. They fold up and separate as well. Really TACKY

No Offense taken here. I installed one ( was supposed to be temporary), because my dash is really bad and I didn't want to see it anymore. And at the time couldn't afford a new or restored dash. Thought $1800 was unrealistic. I think it would be more "tacky" driving it around without something hiding the ugly cracked up dash. Just MHO. 

I noticed this was posted up yesterday (Jan 16, 2018) on facebook. Appears to be the Series 2 240Z dash. Free shipping for pre-orders placed in the next couple of weeks. No word on Series 1 240z or other Z dashes.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/327981873903624?view=permalink&id=1563738396994626&rt=11

Edited by w3wilkes

Hello everyone, 

I apologize for not visiting Classiczcars more often. I'm doing a promotion for Free shipping on all pre-orders before 2/4/2018. I'm producing Series 1 and Series 2 dashes for 240z and in process of making a mold for 260z/280z dash. 

My current sample is Series 2 but there will be a small adjustment for Series 1 dash. 

• Like 1