nix240z

worth saving? VIN:HLS3003595

The whole car is upside down. That big white flat blob is what's left of the head after they scraped it off the concrete!!!

Wonder if that belonged to a member?

Patcon, I was trying to figure out what that was. I thought maybe it was a splash pan, but that didn't seem right. Unbelievable to think that that was the head.

• Like 1

I have seen a lot of burned out cars and that aluminum melts pretty quick. It took me a minute to get oriented. I saw the gas tank and was like the rear end is upside down. I thought maybe it was two pieces, but the flat blob made it make sense...a shame really...

Looks like two compression rods are serviceable.  With bushings.

The firewall VIN patch might be intact.  The car can be saved!  (That's a troll comment.  Couldn't resist.)

• Haha 2

Looking on the bright side, some of the work in redoing the spindle rubber bushings has already been done, they have been burned away.

15 hours ago, Patcon said:

That big white flat blob is what's left of the head after they scraped it off the concrete!!!

You can tell it's the cylinder head because the rear manifold stud is broken off.

A few useable bumper pieces looks like. A plating shop can make it look like it just came from Yokohama!

Since the sale information is Vallejo, CA this has to be one of the many cars burnt up in the wildfires in northern California this fall.  Sad sight to see really, best wishes to the former owner.

I remember seeing a 240Z sitting in a field on the North side of Guerneville Rd in Santa Rosa CA, one of the cities that got hit by fire (mostly on the N and NE side).  The fire reached South to Guerneville Rd in some areas and in at least one spot crossed it.  I saw the smoldering remains in the news from a building on Guerneville Rd I had been in.  Not likely it is the same Z.   So far no bids.

Edited by Mikes Z car