IGNORED

Cody's Goon

Patcon

Well with nothing similar to compare it to, 40mA (.040A) sounds completely reasonable to me.

I've lost the details. Was there a tach installed before? Or are you putting one in where there previously was none?

Point is... Do you have a second tach that you could compare against the one from the Goon? Or (being of the same inductive pickup concept and from same manufacturer and close to the same age....) Is there an early 240 tach that you could run the same test on for comparison?

5 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Well with nothing similar to compare it to, 40mA (.040A) sounds completely reasonable to me.

I've lost the details. Was there a tach installed before? Or are you putting one in where there previously was none?

Point is... Do you have a second tach that you could compare against the one from the Goon? Or (being of the same inductive pickup concept and from same manufacturer and close to the same age....) Is there an early 240 tach that you could run the same test on for comparison?

Never had a tach

I might could did up an early 240z tach and check it. We'll see what I get.

48 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Well of course there's no guarantee that it would be the same, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Have you turned up a schematic of the tach circuitry? I've not looked for such a thing.

I had two inductive loop Z tachs. They both measured .04 Amps too!

So does that mean that the tach should work or could the circuitry still be bad?

9 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Oh, it could absolutely still be bad!  LOL 

Are you confident in one (or more) of the 240 tachs? Why don't you try hooking one of them up to the Goon just to see if you can get the needle to move. In theory, it should work regardless if it's connected to a 510 or a 240.

I thought about trying that

21 hours ago, Patcon said:

I might could did up an early 240z tach and check it. We'll see what I get.

Is this some "high country" S.C. lingo???

"I'm a fixin" to add it to my linguistic skill set.  ROFL

• Like 2

So here is the oil gutter. Still available new, at least for now. I thought I would post up some dimensions so they could be reproduced if they become NLA

20181214_145331.jpg20181214_145337.jpg20181214_145343.jpg20181214_145354.jpg20181214_145404.jpg20181214_145420.jpg

That is the part number showing in the first photo. It's pretty light gauge stuff. If I remember I will try to mic it this weekend. I believe the end is left open to aide in installation and evidently the lack of full closure doesn't affect the ability to catch sufficient oil

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got Cody to do something today. I am waiting on just a few pieces for the tranny but in the meantime he needs to get the cases clean.

This was after oven cleaner

20190101_142459.jpg

Thanks Cliff @siteunseen

20190101_142504.jpg

This was after blasting. We used the pressure pot because it's too big for the blasting cabinet. I need a bigger one...

There was an interesting number on the top of the belllhousing

20190101_142550.jpg

He then shot a couple of coats of Diamond clear on it.

Hopefully he will do the back half this weekend.

In relation to that, does the shifter arm have a slot for the locking bolt to position it? We need to strip the rear case and I wouldn't think the shifter would have to be set in a certain position. I am assuming the rod is notched to allow the bolt to pass beside it and set the arm in a specific position.

• Thanks 1