Patcon

Cody's Goon

12 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

You mean like Feats Don't Fail Me Now?

Lowell George would be honored at your reference CO.😉

7 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

RIP Mr. George.

Car guy, too...

"George began his slide playing using the casing of a Sears-Craftsman 11/16ths spark plug socket wrench, rather than the traditional glass or steel finger tube."

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 8:34 PM, Patcon said:

So he paints in a 2 car garage, where he also does filler and metal work with just a window fan for ventilation He wets the floor down but that's it and I swear he has way less trash in his paint than I do in my plastic booth!!

I'm really surprised by this (astonished would be more like it).  Whenever I've spray-painted in an open garage, everything ends up covered with a light paint haze afterwards.  It looks like this guy doesn't cover up anything in the garage before he gets started.

I can't believe that that little window fan is generating much in the way of an air exhaust rate. I wonder if wetting the floor does more than just keep down floor dust?  Or maybe your painter has mastered his gun settings to the point where overspray is only a minor issue?

7 hours ago, EuroDat said:

Hi Charles, Great father son project you have. Looks amazing. default_beer - Copy.gif   smiley_abuv - Copy.gif

Thanks Chas

We have both grown a lot during the process. It's hard doing a project like this during the "Testosterone years" but I think we are through the worst of it. We are hoping to have both cars ready for Zcon 2020. Have you considered coming over for it? I would be glad to pick you up somewhere...

3 hours ago, Namerow said:

I'm really surprised by this (astonished would be more like it).  Whenever I've spray-painted in an open garage, everything ends up covered with a light paint haze afterwards.  It looks like this guy doesn't cover up anything in the garage before he gets started.

I can't believe that that little window fan is generating much in the way of an air exhaust rate. I wonder if wetting the floor does more than just keep down floor dust?  Or maybe your painter has mastered his gun settings to the point where overspray is only a minor issue?

I don't know either. The fan does ok because the shop isn't very big with 8' ceilings but everything in the shop has a layer of dirt on it but the paint has almost no trash. He does fog the shop up pretty good when he really gets going. I think there is a lesson in here somewhere. I am not quite sure what it is yet. Maybe instead of a booth, I should just drape the rest of my shop to keep it clean, wet the floor and spray away?

IMG9520191019951425458171.jpgIMG9520191019951425517151.jpgIMG9520191019951425431161.jpgIMG9520191019951425328061.jpg

Painter was buffing today. He said the roof was a challenge.

Said he wished his Chevelle looked this good

• Like 4