IGNORED

How much would you pay for this?

Slane Jode

Will do, thanks.  I am open to all z cars 240 260 280 etc... I don't think I would have the time or money to do a full restoration right now, though that would be so cool to do.  I need to find one thats in good condition and runs well and as problems occur I can fix along the way.  I'm willing to spend a little more than 10.  Do you think it would be possible to find one between 10-15 that I could make as my daily without running into headaches that would prove the decision to spend money on one foolish?   I'm in the market for a new daily car, I'm 33 and don't make much money right now but kinda lust for a cool ride with some balls that I can have fun with.  I've always liked classic cars and just don't have that same attraction to modern cars so the Z compels me.  maybe I'm delusional and this would be a foolish decision, a money pit, a snare etc.  Maybe I should just by the reliable honda?  But I've never had a car I really wanted and I'm not getting any younger and don't wanna have to wait until I'm forty. sorry if that's a little personal but any feed back from an older gent who's been there done that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

In your position I would buy a 260 or 280z and put SU's or triples on it and drive it. You can make the front look just like a 240z with the turn signals and little bumpers...and it is a much cheaper way to "get in the door" than a 240z...also after I believe 76 they started galvanizing the bodies which helped with the rust some...

"Should I buy a reliable Honda?"

If you don't have a car yet then yes.  Old Zs aren't what you'd leave in long term parking at the airport.   They're toys you might not be able to play with everyday.  I can't lock the doors on mine without climbing through the hatch.  Imagine explaining that when you're opening the door for your girl or see a cop when you're leaving the bar. ROFL