IGNORED

Optimal performing exhaust for street

Matthew Abate

On 10/30/2017 at 5:44 PM, JSM said:

Did you post the results? Can you? Curious now too. 

Jeff

i just noticed that I did not post those Dyno pulls. So I will go to work to find the earliest one as I have the later one saved on line. Also our club does a dyno day annually and I made a change that could be interesting. I have removed the Zstory header and replaced it with a ceramic coated stock manifold mated the the Zstory stainless system. We will be doing the dyno day in March of May at the same shop. In the meantime I will look for the earlier chart  back to you soon.

don. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 7tooZ said:

I have removed the Zstory header and replaced it with a ceramic coated stock manifold mated the the Zstory stainless system.

I am interested in this specifically! It is the opposite of what we normally hear about, and this compared to the full system should isolate the impact of the header on performance.

Any first impressions?

if you have dynos for all three setups I think you have data that tells us what Z Story gets us (or doesn’t), which can be quantified and also assigned a dollar value.

Edited by Matthew Abate

19 hours ago, 7tooZ said:

I have removed the Zstory header and replaced it with a ceramic coated stock manifold mated the the Zstory stainless system.

Don,  how did mate the Zstory system to your stock manifold?  I have about half the Zstory system installed on my car and am waiting for Sean to make available the downpipe for the stock manifold to finish the system.

About 6 months since install, still looks and sounds great, no drone.

my short story is I purchased the full system with the JDM muffler. installed with no issues except the number six tube is so close to the Lower SU hose I never felt comfortable. Sean then sent me a Race header where the six tube is away from the SU. seemed okay until I installed it. The lower tube contacted the driver side frame. Tried everything I could to move things but nothing worked. Someone else here had the same issue. So I abandoned the header idea. Too much trouble for a basically stock engine.

57B755AE-8CDE-4DAA-B259-62D14F5FA9AA.jpeg

So I think I have the first dyno pull with a earlier exhaust. Stock exhaust manifold, stock down tube modified to a 2.25 in pipe a glass pak resonator and a Flowmaster muffler. My second pull is with Zstory full system using the Race/street header. This spring I plan to do another using my current system, stock manifold with a stock style down tube mated to the Zstory exhaust. I’ll be interested to see what difference there is.

@S30Driver During my process I discovered my original down pipe flange was bad. I had a new one that had already been converted to 2 into 1,  2.5” Pipe. I bought clamps that matched Sean’s clamps installed it then had a local shop match the two together. They did all of the welding (very tidy). Here is photo after ceramic coating. 

2DC76EC6-D117-47C9-90C7-5631B150FFBD.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jason240z said:

you've got the old style Fujitsubo!!

Lol, 1.5 model?  Between 2.  New style exhaust, either adapted older header to the newer style exhaust or a test header?  Who knows.  It isn't the old style exhaust for sure. Fujitsubo did say that the old style header won't bolt onto new style exhaust as well.  I guess the flange is in a different spot.  

1 minute ago, duffymahoney said:

Lol, 1.5 model?  Between 2.  New style exhaust, either adapted older header to the newer style exhaust or a test header?  Who knows.  It isn't the old style exhaust for sure. Fujitsubo did say that the old style header won't bolt onto new style exhaust as well.  I guess the flange is in a different spot.  

Its not the new style one...... Fujitsubo did quote and show data for the improvement from old to new, that might be a good move if you're after the very last hp from your setup?

• Like 1

Just now, Jason240z said:

Its not the new style one...... Fujitsubo did quote and show data for the improvement from old to new, that might be a good move if you're after the very last hp from your setup?

The new fujitsubo header would be my easiest route, but the true equal length sure looks cool.  Which is my goal.  There is zero wrong with my current header.  

I contacted star road and spirit garage.  Asked both about bolting up to the newer style fujitsubo exhaust.