IGNORED

Z31 N/A RB project

five&dime

Wow.....You’re really moving ahead. I don’t think anyone on this forum realizes how incredible this build is going to be Brandon. It’ll be in magazines for sure.....can’t wait to see a little Safari Gold color applied.....perfect blend of old and new, along with a beautiful new RB 26 NA. Charge on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diseazd said:

Wow.....You’re really moving ahead. I don’t think anyone on this forum realizes how incredible this build is going to be Brandon. It’ll be in magazines for sure.....can’t wait to see a little Safari Gold color applied.....perfect blend of old and new, along with a beautiful new RB 26 NA. Charge on!

Oh, some of us might. His previous cars have been really impressive!

25 minutes ago, Patcon said:
1 hour ago, Diseazd said:

After we went to see the painter, I got extra motivated! 

25 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Oh, some of us might. His previous cars have been really impressive!

Thanks!

Really hoping to have this car done by October for Z con but we shall see. 

I am going to pull the entire wiring harness out and remove anything not necessary. Planning on relocating the relay and fuse boxes to the storage area right behind the seat. Battery too. Will help clean up the engine bay and keep the weight distribution ideal. 

I kind of like the color of the interior as is and part of me thinks I should leave it. Will have to mull that over because I plan on leaving much of the interior sheet metal exposed. 

26176427918_c32f36a0a8_b.jpg

Edited by five&dime

Glass guy just finished. Took him 2 hours but he did a great job and didn't damage any of the trim. Now I can pull the dash. I did find a really high quality carpet kit for the car which I hadn't expected. I hated the stock gross thin, sparse carpet that had bleached out to a blueish grey. I was only going to run the bare floor because of this but one of my best friends has convinced me to run carpet. He also told me about his experience with stock interiors.com. He said they literally are just like OE when you upgrade to the better carpeting option with the molded backing. The door panels will be custom done with leather, alcantara and the Bride fabric. Will have them add some custom red stitching to match the seats. 

40081000841_6933097ccc_b.jpg

28300537549_8cd36a9dff_b.jpg

It's surprisingly easy to remove everything. I've taken a ton of photos and I like to put screws back in their places with stuff like this rather than bagging them. I'm pulling everything because I want to paint a bare engine bay so it's perfect. No masking at all. 

25209360387_b46da3533b_b.jpg

26208999158_22b94359aa_b.jpg

25210630787_fc5de14ea2_b.jpg

25210632507_4607ac452c_b.jpg

Edited by five&dime
  • Like 2

Parts starting to come in. S14 240sx rear subframe, MAX lower control arms and drop knuckles. The upper arms and toe rods arrive tomorrow. I ordered Ichiban 5 lug hubs/bearings as well. Soon, I will have the car towed to my friend who will weld in the subframe mounts. I found a rear roll cage for the Z31 and will have my friend weld in a second bar to create an X since I think the 1 sided bar will make my OCD go into overdrive. Then it's off to paint!

39207291265_8dbda8a883_b.jpg

My car has rust in the very bottom rear quarters on both sides. I got an IG message from Bimmer740 yesterday because he saw a Z31 at the local yard. Turns out it was also an 86 and had rust free rear quarters. How cool was this?! I sent him a nice bonus for the time/effort. My body guy was going to make them but now he has plenty of material to work with. 

25323628247_ea37a031a7_b.jpg

• Like 1