IGNORED

Z31 N/A RB project

five&dime

Agreed, Jason. 

And yes, I was surprised no one ever registered this car. 

Here are the 3 size options I have. The first is the narrowest and last is widest. I don’t think I can go with the wide version and go very low so it’s likely the 16x8 0 /8.5 -6 or 16x8.5 -6/9 -13. The last one is a 16x9.5 -19 in the rear but you can clearly see how far the wheel sticks out. 

I am leaning towards option 2

http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/16inc-242/

http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/16inc-247/

http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/sekinei-hz31/

My dad got me a set of RB26 ITB's with the plenum for Christmas!! I will have them blasted and cleaned up and replace the hardware. 

The machinist now has the head and all associated parts. He thinks he can definitely get some better flow going and it sounds like working in behind the valves is where he intends to spend the most time. He asked for intake and exhaust gaskets to perfectly match them. Can't wait to find out how much power we can get out of this N/A RB!

I found an NOS rear inner driver fender liner and had to snatch it up since both my rear fenders have a little rust behind the wheels that will need to be cut out and replaced with new metal during the respray and I know any painter will prefer to have an NOS inner when doing that job. Shame he didn't have the passenger as I probably need that side more. I also found all the front windshield trim in gunmetal from an 89 car. That will make restoring them much easier than starting with the chrome/polished trim. Just need to find the side, quarter window and rear window trim next..

The S13/S14/Z32 subframe mounts shipped and I found a buyer for the engine/trans so it seems I should be able to start stripping the car very soon. Will get it down to a glass out rolling shell for the subframe work and a partial roll cage. I plan to strip, shave and paint the engine bay myself. Might even spray the interior and jams myself to save money. 

38590219504_65d29ea00c_b.jpg

Edited by five&dime

Started getting the engine ready to come out. Also got the 87-89 side skirts and brackets. I will need to strip the horrible paint job off of them but looks like overall in great condition otherwise. Looks like it should be minimal work to make them fit too. 

39349670992_5e149af9e0_b.jpg

38501723365_c505cb3394_b.jpg

The artist sent another update. He thought I meant regular gold. But it looks pretty good like this too. He is going to change it to safari gold and I asked for an off white as well.

39452940691_0d6af73621_b.jpg

Edited by five&dime