IGNORED

Z31 N/A RB project

five&dime

1 hour ago, Diseazd said:

Wow, this car is gonna change a lot of minds about the Z31. Can’t wait to see the new paint on it and the new motor in it!

And they are easier to work on then the z32. Although I’m pulling my motor now and the amount of crap that is in the way is amazing!

Edited by JSM

Can't wait to see the whole car. My biggest fear is the quarter window trim delete but based on the side profile render, I think it will look great in the end. 

Finally got both tail lights completely dismantled. It was a bear getting the lenses off. You have to keep cutting into the adhesive and slowly prying. Hardest lights I have ever taken apart by far. The first set I tried to bake melted at relatively low temps ? These are getting wet sanded and Xpel clear wrapped. I can't wait to see them all finished with the LED boards.

28998732307_a35873ae59_b.jpg

My machinist said all the port and polish work is done. Valve seats are cut. Now he is just going to work on the combustion chamber to smooth it out and open it up a bit to remove some of the quench bad in order to unshroud the valves. He will take a mold of for the custom pistons. While waiting for the pistons, he will clearance the head for the larger Tomei cams and figure out which shims we need for the Tomei lifters.

• 2 weeks later...