IGNORED

Brake upgrade

Tim 240z

I am installing 1989 Toyota 4runner calipers on my 240z with 1985 300zx rotors. The caliper is hitting the back of the rotor and needs about a 1/16" 1/8" to seat on the mounting bracket where it bolts to the strut. Has anyone else had this issue. I have the 240z to Toyota conversion hub ring from Techno Toy Tuning.  

My 1972 240z  has the original stock disc brakes up front and drum in the rear. I went for a ride the other day and decided to brake and even though it did brake, the stop was not as firm as my Honda CRV 2012. Should i consider installing disc brakes at the rear also to get a precise and instant stop? If so which Brand and type?  or to achieve this i will need to replace the 2 stock original disc brakes and calipers with a new set of brake pads and calipers for the 4 wheels? Which Brand and type? I am not going for a race but safety is a great concern for me!

Edited by jalexquijano

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

Isnt there any bolt on no modification rear disc brake conversion for my 1972 240z? 

Here is what I used for rear disks.  You have to cut the dust shield off, or like me just unbolted it.  

Brackets- https://zcardepot.com/all-products/brakes/rear-brakes/rear-disc-brake-caliper-conversion-bracket-set-disk

1986 maxima calipers- Ebay then rebuilt and powdercoated

1985 300zx rotors- Cross drilled and zinc- http://www.silverminemotors.com/datsun/datsun-240z/brake-kit-individual-parts/rear-disk-conversion-rotors

Stainless lines – Stop tech 800-1099- I think i got these from zcardepot.