IGNORED

Cool Exhaust Sound Options please

wil84911

My 71 came with a complete 3/2 headers, Abarth system with 2 resonators. It's a little quiet for me. I like it scavenging loud but not too loud, some droning acceptable, popping backfiring is fine as I think it's sexy. What are my options? I hate to cut the Abarth system if someone could use it. I am leaning towards twice pipes and if needed I will resort to adding a mid muffler. Thanks

12/71 2.6 block E88 heads triple weber 3/2 Abarth Tokico 1-3/4 sways

I put MSA's ceramic header and Premium 2.5" exhaust on both my Zs and am very happy with the sound of both.  My 280 had a bad drone on the interstate so I had a $20 muffler shop resonator put in and it's perfect to me.  Their clamps are cheap and will rust over pretty quick so I bought some from the muffler shop for my 240.  I don't know what they're made of but those haven't shown any rust so far.

That 2.5" is pretty loud under load and has a screaming sound at high rpms.  The 240 reminds me of a motorcycle with an aftermarket pipe, it's a "screamer". LOL

Thanks. I am very particular. I am trying to relive that full ANSA (single resonator midway with glasspack tips) music default_laugh.png

12/71 kilimanjaro white, 2.6 block E88 heads triple weber 3/2 Abarth Tokico 1, 3/4 sways, custom rollbar

I had the MSA header and 2 1/2" exhaust on my car, and I also ended up installing a straight through sausage muffler as a resonator right after the header. It was just too loud for me on the highway without the extra muffler. They really should offer that as an option.

WHATEVER you do - don't waste your time running duals all the way back - its loud and exotic sounding and a waste of weight and money       

So not twice pipes but you have dual exhaust. Anyway sounds great. Just about to pull the trigger on twice pipes.

12/71 2.6 block E88 heads triple weber 3/2 Abarth Tokico 1-3/4 sways

Not sure what you call my system - split pipe might be right Cliff. 

Mine does sound a bit different than a lot of 'twice pipes' I've heard . I doubt if anyone has the exact combo of mufflers too. I do think the pipes being separated on my car attribute to the difference in sound . 

How about a Sebring Tuning muffler set-up? Jim Cook Racing history and a great sound! I have had one on my street Z for over 10 years and it is awesome (to me that is - everyone else might think it's too loud)

Not sure why an L-series engine wouldn't sound good with dual/twice pipes. I run both open and Supertrapp duals (sound limits)

DualExhaust.jpg