IGNORED

2018 Grassroots Motorsports Mitty

SteveJ

A little before the last sprint race for Group 3A (most of the Z cars), I happened to check my email. The events manager from Grassroots Motorsports sent me an email telling me to go up to their display in Vendor Village to claim their copy of the Mitty poster. I don't think I ever got from the bridge to Vendor Village faster. The guy who handed me the poster said that someone offered to buy it before I came up there. He told the prospective buyer that the poster was already spoken for.

It's going to look nice hanging in my garage.

So until I can get my photos online, shall we get ready for ZCON in October? :)

DSC05970.JPG

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, gira said:

Great Shots! That 85 car has some great brakes. It was nice to have that weapon in my bag, the brakes I mean. In SCCA majors, we're one of the worst braking cars out there. The Miatas are incredible under brakes.

Greg,

It was amazing to watch how far into turn 1 you could drive before getting on the brakes compared to the rest of the field. It always looked like you were going to end up in the gravel. I agree, you were catching the 17 car every lap. I think with time you could have run him down. Seems like Sam built a nice car.

Charles

This is probably one of the more interesting shots from the weekend. The cars on either side had just split apart, and the silver 944 shot through. The location is right at the entrance to Turn 10B.

I should add that they all made it through cleanly.

DSC05604.JPG

Edited by SteveJ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gira said:

Great Shots! That 85 car has some great brakes. It was nice to have that weapon in my bag, the brakes I mean. In SCCA majors, we're one of the worst braking cars out there. The Miatas are incredible under brakes.

It was fun to watch you drive Woody’s car Greg.....looks like ya’ll had the fastest lap in the Enduro....too bad about the tranny leak. Sam and Walter were proud puppies to see the 85 car on the podium...4 National Champions there...that was special. What a blast it was!