IGNORED

2018 Grassroots Motorsports Mitty

SteveJ

@Diseazd - During the enduro race, a 911 spun right behind Greg Ira coming into Turn 10A. He didn't recall seeing a car spin. I found that I caught it in a nice sequence of photos, so I posted them to Greg's FB page. Sure enough, he said he didn't even notice what happened behind him.

• Like 1

Hi Steve...I’m not on Face Book, if you could, I’d love to see those shots and any of the 85 car. BTW, I haven’t heard....how did Woody and Greg finish? Enjoyed seeing you again....super weekend and so nice to meet Charles and Cody.

Guy

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lumens said:

Beautiful. Did he build that or is that Ron Carters former car?

Randy had a car built. All of the gauges and switches in it came from the original BRE team, as well as many other parts. He even has the original engine and transmission, though they aren't used for racing. It was not Ron's car.

John Morton actually gave Randy the VIN plate from the original car because Randy's car is so faithful to the original.

• Like 2

I had a great time at this year's Mitty. I'm sorry that @Carl Beck and @Ron Carter couldn't have been here. I think it was better than 2010. 

Among the fantastic experiences I had was getting to see a 1st generation Silvia. It was at the 2010 Mitty, but I missed it then. I snapped these photos on Saturday, and I saw the owner of the car on Sunday. I asked him for a closer look, and he offered to let me get behind the wheel of this beauty. It wasn't so much getting into the car and putting it on. It was a tight fit, but I would be willing to put up with it.

I asked him to consider bringing it back down to Atlanta for ZCON. He asked if non-Zs were allowed. I replied, "I am on the organizing committee. YOU are allowed."

While it is built on the Fairlady Roadster mechanicals, it seems to be more narrow to me.

DSC04917.JPG

DSC04918.JPG

DSC04919.JPG

DSC04920.JPG

• Like 2

What  kick arse event! Special shout out to Linwood Staub for being kind enough to let me race his car during one of the 7 lap races. It really did make the fact that I had an engine problem in my car all better.  I believe in one more lap, I could have been P1! Also, like to thank Randy Jaffe for putting on such a nice spread and the amount of effort that takes with his California staff.

I know many of the folks that run HSR and they were very pleased at the participation of the Nissan/Datsun brand and all their loyal supporters and enthusiasts. The car count was WAY up. 

Till next year.

Greg

• Like 3

Great Shots! That 85 car has some great brakes. It was nice to have that weapon in my bag, the brakes I mean. In SCCA majors, we're one of the worst braking cars out there. The Miatas are incredible under brakes.