IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

47 minutes ago, duffymahoney said:

More then just a pressure washer. Air pushes the slurry. So it’s a sort of mix between sand blasting and pressure washing with mini glass beads 

I think it's just dustless media blasting.  They're all based on the same concept.  Propel the media at the object being cleaned.  Water, walnut shells, dry ice, glass beads.  "Vapor" is just branding.  They all have their pluses and minuses. 

It kind of looks like somebody just took their waterjet cutting nozzle and cleaned some parts with it.  Detuned so the parts don't get damaged but I'll bet you can still wear away some material if you're not careful.  https://www.bigbluesaw.com/faqs/parts/how-does-waterjet-cutting-work.html

Only posting 'cause I think it's important to understand what's being done.  And "vapor" is a misnomer, used to sell the process.  Kind of offensive.

4 minutes ago, duffymahoney said:

I own the system. Looks like some countries call it wet blasting. I think the term vapor is very appropriate. It produces a vapor when it’s going. 

But the vapor doesn't do the work.  There is no "blasting" by vapor.  Vapor is a byproduct.  It's appropriate for getting attention I guess.

Good luck with it.  Dustless media blasting is the most appropriate term, I think, for people who know how things work.  No offense.

Maybe I've learned too much about science and technology to let it slide.  Understanding is important, especially in today's world.

• Like 1

I agree that bead blasting and pressure blasting are more aggressive but we were ok with a little courser finish. We sealed the case with a clear sealer after blasting. Plus it's likely to end up grimey eventually because the car will be driven often.