IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

On 9/21/2017 at 6:40 PM, Mark Maras said:

I gave up a 69 SS 396 Chevelle when I bought my first Z. A lack of raw acceleration was my first impression but I soon learned that a Z has all the power it needs, plus a little bit more, for the street. I found that the fun of rolling in and out of corners far out-weighed the fun of straight line speed. Plus, in stock form they're very reliable.

I went from a '72 camaro to a '76 280 and never went back to American heavy except an F-150 p/u to haul my mower. I swear the two doors on that camaro weighed as much as my whole 280! LOL

My Mom has a crown Victoria with heavy doors and everytime she rides in my Camry I have to bitch when she slams my doors. She's gonna bust out my windows! 

Edited by siteunseen

3 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Hey Duff, show us the vapor blaster, I have seen a valve cover that was vapor blasted and it looked amazing.

Here it is.  It started off as a wet sand blasting unit from amazon. Basically hooked up a pressure washer to sand. It sort of worked.   

I took the pressure washer side off and added air.  Now air goes where the water went with a quick valve and a slurry of glass bead/ water goes where sand went. I need to test it.  

20170927_013406439_iOS.jpg

22 minutes ago, Dr. 240Z said:

Hi, FYI here's another 1/71 Series I build (VIN: 18,859). A one owner bought new on May 13th, 1971 in Kitimat,BC,Canada. Total refurbishment(~6 year) started in 2007....Thanks to, 'Blue'

ZCON 2016 George with Z Car pic.jpgWow! I think I will keep the paint on this one for a while like this.  Maybe I will actually drive it:)