IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

I got all my boots in, I wish there was an easy way to test the coils.  But I know the spring is compressed on the spark plug, so I should be good.

How has everyone run new ecu wiring into the engine bay?

My early 240z has dealer AC. Which complicates things. Really I only have two holes open. The choke cable hole and the tunnel hole near the shifter. I would rather not cut any holes.

If I leave the coil power wiring in the engine bay and do the o2 sensor and maybe the triggers for the coils through tunnel hole I am thinking I might have enough room for it with those two holes? It’s going to be tight, but I think I can do it all clean and nice. I will be using german braied loom for the whole project.

No pulsed outputs.

Plans

Choke hole
Injector wiring
Cas wiring
Air temp
Coolant temp
TPS 
Crank trigger wiring

Tunnel hole
Injector triggers 
Power and ground 
O2 sensor

Fuel pump wiring is already in place.

I also got in the euro kit from Hoke for my crank trigger.  Which should work better on my series 1 dampener.  I have to remove .08 from the backside to have it perfect.  Then off to paint.  Blue or black?! 

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, madkaw said:

I used my AC holes since I don’t have AC. Where are you mounting the ECU? I split up my harness running my sensor wires out the opposite side of the engine using the choke hole. 

I haven't decided yet. I have the original ECU location behind the panel on the drivers side footwell, but I also want easy access for the USB port for programming. I actually have a plan to run a USB extension into the dash for the Haltech programming. I also have the CANBUS kit that needs to be installed as well for the wideband O2 sensor.

I mounted my MS3 on the trans tunnel on passenger side . Since I decided to run my harness thru the AC holes I figured I would keep the ECU closer to that . Not sure there is a right or wrong for location- it depends on the owners set up. 

Working on my 280zxt Cas signal, so I can do full sequential.  

I got a very nice 280zxt distributor without a cas from a fellow Datsun nerd.  I then found a basically new fully Nissan Cas from a 1998 Nissan Quest.  Which has the correct trigger wheel.  Pretty neat.  

Dizzy is getting vapor blasted today and I should have it all installed by the weekend.  Pretty excited! 

IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

• Like 2