IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

Well I had to pull the hatch vent cover to get to the some of the parts for zinc.  The cork had turned to the oddest goo/ glue.  Anyone have a foam seal they used for this spot?  Needs to be thin 1/8th?  Also the tiny brackets for the vent had paint coming off so I had them powder coated.  Should outlast the z body:)  Only a tiny bit of surface rust in the vent area.  I am thinking about converting the rust and doing cavity wax.  Thoughts?  

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have decided to do the 5 speed swap.  A fellow z guy had a hoard of parts and hooked me up with a close ratio 5 speed and a later R-180.  R180 will be 4.11 gears and OSGiken LSD.  Trans will be rebuilt, vapor blasted, then all steel parts will be zinc, powder or professionally painted. Rear end will be powdercoated 60% gloss black, then all steel will be zinc coated.  Should look super nice.  

I am also building a nice crate, which will hold all of my rebuilt original parts, in case I ever want to sell and go back to stock.  

I  am trying to decide on a clutch/ flywheel combo.  OSGiken Single clutch unit looks nice and streetable.  

I am having fun.  I am convinced that dirty parts look the best later on.  Since the grease protects them.  

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

1 hour ago, duffymahoney said:

I  am trying to decide on a clutch/ flywheel combo.  OSGiken Single clutch unit looks nice and streetable.  

Looks like you're making awesome progress!

Assuming we're talking one of the same then I run this OS Giken Super Single clutch/flywheel combo and while its awesome and will take loads of abuse, I'm not sure I'd call it streetable.... 

https://www.rhdjapan.com/os-giken-super-single-clutch-kit-aluminum-cover-gc10-hr30-c110-c210-s30-s130.html

1 hour ago, Woody928 said:

Looks like you're making awesome progress!

Assuming we're talking one of the same then I run this OS Giken Super Single clutch/flywheel combo and while its awesome and will take loads of abuse, I'm not sure I'd call it streetable.... 

https://www.rhdjapan.com/os-giken-super-single-clutch-kit-aluminum-cover-gc10-hr30-c110-c210-s30-s130.html

I think they said it was new.  Zgarage is testing it this week.  

8 hours ago, duffymahoney said:

I think they said it was new.  Zgarage is testing it this week.  

Interesting, I'll be curious to hear more as to what's changed. The one I linked is awesome on a playful fast road car but not traffic or city friendly.

Zgarage seem to come up with some great gear for our cars!