IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

2 minutes ago, duffymahoney said:

I have stock style wire ones. I am waiting on a L fuel fitting from Japan. Then I swill swap them all out. 

Can you elaborate on the "L" fuel fitting? Why are you using it? Do you have a pic of what it looks like you can post? And where are you getting it from? 

I am going to build a similar set up and would love to know the details. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, duffymahoney said:

You can see one L and 2 Ts on my carbs. One of the T’s has a called end. 1 L i have now is a left. I need a right facing one. They are a little harder to find. 

I guess I have the same issue then. Any leads on finding a right facing "L"? Thanks

20180919_165827.jpg

11 hours ago, duffymahoney said:

It’s designed to go one way.  It holds the fuel filter in and has a inside flange. 

ok, that makes sense

I did a little looking. Looks like it might be a hard find. You might could rework one. Under the plating the tube is soldered or brazed in. Heat it and reverse it and have it replated. Not a very cheap way to do it, but it should get you to where you want to be

• Like 1

Finally found some series 1 wheel chocks.  I sent off for around 30 yellow powder samples.  I decided on 02 VETTE YELLOW by Prismatic powders.  It was close, just slightly brighter, I think when new this would have been almost identical.  First picture was taken indoors under terrible lighting.  

This finishes off my series 1 tool kit.  

wheel chocks.jpg

wheel chocks finished.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, now onto my horns.  I always hated how they look.  Poor repray covering them.  

Interesting that the front of the horns looked to have been the dark green zinc. Then sometimes from the factory with some over spray.  Same zinc as the seat sliders.  ZedSaver does gold zinc.  I am a little torn on what to do.  Also how to take this fully apart to zinc?  You can see in the blue z picture the green really showing through.  

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0203.JPG