IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

So you're saying you can't get that brake line installed unless you loop it under the parking brake cable? Can't you rotate the banjo connection to another position that would put the line in a better location? I know that many calipers have cast in features that help prevent the banjo from spinning while you turn the bolt... If your caliper has that feature, maybe you could cut one or more of the tabs off?

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

So you're saying you can't get that brake line installed unless you loop it under the parking brake cable? Can't you rotate the banjo connection to another position that would put the line in a better location? I know that many calipers have cast in features that help prevent the banjo from spinning while you turn the bolt... If your caliper has that feature, maybe you could cut one or more of the tabs off?

Looks like silvermine runs the cable over the ebrake. I just thought it would have been too tight of a turn in the line. 

62D5533E-5E51-40E1-B310-6EFCE2F2FC3B.jpeg

So I bought used calipers and had them rebuilt and powder coated professionally.  Well my right front caliper wouldn't stop leaking, so I decided to take it apart.  Turns out they had used a helicoil to repair some threads without telling me.  It wasn't seated correctly, which caused the brake line to leak. The company claims it to be a normal repair, but what else did they half repair or fix?   I honestly I don't want anything repaired or half repaired in my brakes system.  So I searched for another powder coated version or zinc.  Which I found, http://www.centricparts.com/products/calipers posi quiet loaded centrics calipers.They are gorgeous and pretty affordable.  Summit and rockauto carry these.  Any centric brake caliper with 142 as the starting 3 digits is this repaired this way.   The toyota S12+8 non wide versions are 142.44011 and 142.44012.  I am very happy with the quality. But one did come damaged:( I ordered the maxima rears but they are back ordered.  

Here is the info, basically as brand new as they could be.  

Posi Quiet Loaded Calipers
Posi Quiet loaded calipers are a full line of original equipment replacement brake calipers providing unmatched quality and value. These loaded calipers feature application specific Posi Quiet brake pads already installed.

When installing Posi Quiet loaded calipers, technicians can be assured that they are getting top quality products that have been engineered to meet or exceed the function of the original part. Each component is specifically designed for each application and the attention to detail throughout the manufacturing and testing process ensures each caliper will perform to the exacting standards of today’s vehicles. 

Each Posi Quiet caliper is finished in the same way as the original from the factory; Posi Quiet calipers feature a Zinc Dichromate finish, or O.E. colored powder coating depending on the application. This feature ensures that the caliper will look as good as it works throughout its lifetime. Ask for Posi Quiet 142 series replacement brake calipers.Posi Quiet Friction
Every Posi Quiet loaded caliper comes complete with application specific Posi Quiet brake friction. For more information on Posi Quiet brake pads go here. All new pistons
Every Posi Quiet brake caliper piston phenolic or steel is replaced to guarantee proper performance throughout the lifetime of the caliper.
  New Hardware
Posi Quiet calipers have all new hardware installed. All guide bolts, pins, through bolts and seals are replaced guaranteeing the caliper will function correctly.
  New Boots and Seals
Posi Quiet calipers come complete with all new dust seals, O-rings and boots.
  Less Noise
Posi Quiet calipers utilize the new Quiet Clips™ style abutment clips. These quiet clips ensure proper pad fitment and reduced vibration related noise under braking.
 To learn more about the Centric Parts caliper rebuilding process click here.

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

Oh how I hate rebuilt components that I did not do myself.

That helicoil should not be in the sealing path for brake fluid. The seal should be made at the beveled surface inside. Assuming, of course, that the helicoil is installed straight and square to the seal, and is actually the correct metric thread for the application..... No guarantees on any of that!  LOL   I hate rebuilds!!