IGNORED

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Home Built by Jeff

15 hours ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

Basically the computer controls the start stitch and the stop stitch. So you can program it when you first touch the pedal it will do 2 stitches forward then 2 stiches backward and another 2 forward all by itself. Then you continue with the run. At the end of the run, you push the back edge of the pedal and it does the same thing to the amount of stitches you choose back and fowrad and then cuts off the thread. Also if you stop mid run it always stops with the needle down. That means you can turn your work around and do a 90 degree corner and it stays in the exact spot. I thought the same thing, why do you need a computer, but this auto start auto finish just makes it sooooo much quicker and easier. The Juki one I have is all manual so to start you have the wind the thing forward and back 2 stitches manually at the start and the end and you need to cut the thread with scissors at the end of each run. Not a big problem really, the Highland just makes it much quicker and easier.

That is super cool! I didn't know they did that. Yes, I imagine that would make it much faster and less error prone.

• Like 1

Jeff, you might want to consider putting some sound deadening inside the “smugglers boxes” so they don’t become resonant “speakers”. They are at the perfect angle under the car to project noise forward into the cabin area.

• Like 1

Window tint can be removed with ammonia and heat, soak newspaper in ammonia and stick on the window in 2-3 layers, cover with a plastic bag or clink wrap, let is sit in the sun, pick the edge with a razor and see if it peels off, multiple application may be needed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

This week I tackle the sound deadening but not everything went to plan...

I had a similar accident removing the interior panel in the hatch to get to my power antenna on my '77.  Didn't think much of it until blood soaked my hair and I got cold  Went to a "Doc in a box" down the street and had 7 or 8 staples put in.  I hit mine on the bottom of the raised hatched.

1129141946a.jpg

Then @Mark Maras topped me with his injury, OUCH!

20160811_190719[1].jpg

Edited by siteunseen
  • Sad 1