IGNORED

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Home Built by Jeff

More then anything... you should appropriate that yanks know what "super cheap" is. or Hilux for that matter...
I'd like to get my Canadian hands on a Hilux and throw my one ton axles under it! Car looks great Jeff, inspiring

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, tzagi1 said:

More then anything... you should appropriate that yanks know what "super cheap" is. or Hilux for that matter...

Haha, Supercheap Auto is the Australian version of somthing like Autozone I think. Our most popular tradesman vehicle is the Toyota Hilux, think Australia's version of the F150.

Our most popular tradesman vehicle is the Toyota Hilux, think Australia's version of the F150.

Well, not really... The F150 is a Ford, midsize truck. The Hilux is a Toyota compact truck, which until the 90s was sold over in North America, then they replaced it with the Tacoma.
Sorry for being a bit of a nag, I just had to fix that.

Sent from my OP 3T using Classic Zcar Club mobile

2 hours ago, lordkarma88 said:

Well, not really... The F150 is a Ford, midsize truck. The Hilux is a Toyota compact truck, which until the 90s was sold over in North America, then they replaced it with the Tacoma.
Sorry for being a bit of a nag, I just had to fix that.

Haha, the Hilux is a big truck in Aus ?

32 minutes ago, lordkarma88 said:

What a weird country...

Nothing weird about it (in the truck aspect) other then in N America, there is no such thing as a "full size truck" as you know it. the "mini truck" pretty much rules. AUS invented it in the 30's, look up UTE.

7 hours ago, lordkarma88 said:

Is that so? Don't you have midsize trucks like the f150, silverado 1500 or dodge 1500? Or full-size trucks either? What a weird country...

I believe that there are more F150's made than any other vehicle in the world, and it is only sold in North America. Silverado's are just being introduced this year I believe in limited numbers. The F250 was available for a couple of years a decade or so ago I believe, but very few sold and they discontinued it. We don't really have any need for the big trucks here, although does anyone really need a truck that big? ? 

We don't really have any need for the big trucks here, although does anyone really need a truck that big? [emoji6] 

Oh yeah baby. The ability to pull pretty much anything is pretty damn nice... My dad's 2018 F350 can pull 3 times its own weight!
Also, 8 foot bed. Don't need to have stuff sticking out. And if you don't need a big bed, you can put a toolbox and an extra fuel tank in it.
Or you replace the bed with a flatbed to have even more space, or a crane, or a whole lot of toolboxes.
You can do anything with a truck, really. Except maybe park in cities, but why the hell would anyone want to live in a city? Country living is the way to go [emoji41]
In my case, I'm gonna be storing my Z in a 28ft cargo hauler converted into an rv. It's insulated, got a shower, a sink, and electricity. What more do you need? And of course I need a truck to pull it.

• Like 1