IGNORED

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Home Built by Jeff

Great work as usual Jeff! Looking forward to seeing this car done. I wish I could spend the time on mine as well, but spring summer and fall are usually pretty busy for me (military training, summer vacation etc). Winter is my season for production! Luckily (?) for me, we have nine months of winter here....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wheee! said:

Great work as usual Jeff! Looking forward to seeing this car done. I wish I could spend the time on mine as well, but spring summer and fall are usually pretty busy for me (military training, summer vacation etc). Winter is my season for production! Luckily (?) for me, we have nine months of winter here....

Ok, glad you see that as lucky ;) . I am very lucky having the time I do to work on these projects, so hopefully I get to drive it one day (I have never driven an S30).

Oh Jeffery...I hate to make judgments however I'll go on a limb and make an educated guess that most early z owners (given the age group) are not interested (or have time for) in "too much" social media. instagram shminstergram..

As carbs go...and I know I'll be criticized for my opinion, SU are fine however there is a design flaw, the jet tubes don't like to return home when the choke is released, causing the "operator" to open the hood and push them up manually. triples are good  BUT are total overkill, the head will never flow what the carbs can provide, 2nd problem is initial cost and then...tuning cost (you got to buy 6 of everything) for that kind of money...I'll go FI first.

A pair of DGVs in a perfectly good alternative. Perhaps they are not the best solution due to manifold design however....they are super reliable, xlnt power and economy, easily and super cheap to rebuild (I get the master kit including the power valve for $15 shipped). win win in my book. I been running them in over 30 years, only once I been stumped by funky idle, turned out there was a grain of sand blocking the air correction jet..

• Like 1