IGNORED

Z Cars On TV And In Movies

texasz

Rockford files, "the bay city boys club" IIRC, Blair Brown is driving around in a 240z, Jimbo calls it out to a guy working a fast food drive in window. bonus points for the same window used in an X files episode about a guy that eats brains with a "proboscis"...

found it

https://theoffice.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Cars_Owned_by_Dunder_Mifflin_Employees?file=I165891.jpg

he says it was a 280z, but they must have goofed up the models in the show. funny he talks about buying for 1200, fixing and selling for 3000.

While on the topic of TV, If you have not seen "the office" binge watch it on Netflix, great show.

Edited by Dave WM

I would say yours is NOT a rat rod by any means. He’s a good metric...can the car be returned to original with minor ease? Keep all your old parts and make the car what you want but reconsider any mod that can’t be reversed. I removed my 77 bumpers because I think they’re ugly and not how the Japanese envisioned the car. Still I’ve kept those old heavy bumpers, wrapped up in plastic and hidden away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Dave WM said:

bonus points for the same window used in an X files episode about a guy that eats brains with a "proboscis"...

Really? They used the same window in both the old Rockford Files and that X-Files episode*? Did you actually remember that, or did you figure that out somehow? I would have a new level of respect for you (if that's even possible) if you remembered that just from watching those two shows!!

* Hungry - Rob Roberts works at Lucky Boy and eats brains. I love the part when he's at the OA meeting describing his issues to the other attendees. 

Yea it was like a contact high watching the others relate to his talking about the craving (x files) no  more cole slaw for me.

Gotta give the lady shrink credit for hanging in there at the end.

Edited by Dave WM

Remember the episode of TNG where the alien race spoke only in metaphors? you can kinda do that by old TV shows if you have an extensive enough "vocabulary" to recall. Darmok.

here is one for you:

ghost/phantoms/specters...

Edited by Dave WM

10 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

Hadn’t thought of where the line is. I see a lot of Zs that are beat up and heavily modified. Fuel cells, V8s. Cars they were built to race or with cheap bandaid repairs by people that can’t afford to restore a car properly. Crazy fiberglass and bondo bodies.

This car would qualify.

f62172f8fea7ef89234638f64346253e.jpg&key=292a6ab6f15ccf6ee3c7ec3f0c484169c08b4ad9f2dcd9fa7f95945ae6147562

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This car is certainly heavily modified, but not "ratted out".  It does show how popular the early Zs have been for modification, even extreme modification. I'm really a advocate for pure stock, but kind of have to admire this one! (from a 2003 N. California event)

P8020041.JPG

Edited by jayhawk

Yeah, I remember that metaphors episode. My work buddies and I spent the next couple weeks talking like that after that episode aired. Drove our boss nuts (since he didn't have any idea what was going on).

Sitting in a meeting, nodding approvingly..... "Nancy at the Christmas party."   ROFL

32 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yeah, I remember that metaphors episode. My work buddies and I spent the next couple weeks talking like that after that episode aired. Drove our boss nuts (since he didn't have any idea what was going on).

Sitting in a meeting, nodding approvingly..... "Nancy at the Christmas party."   ROFL

too funny!