IGNORED

Z Cars On TV And In Movies

texasz

15 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling seeing your car on a money management commercial, makes me think I finally made a good decision. 

I knew I made a good decision on July 20, 1973 when I bought my 73 240Z brand new off the showroom floor! That 1973 car was replaced in 1991 with a 71 240Z. I've been a very happy 240Z owner now for 46 years straight. My good decision feeling is based on the fun of driving the car!

• Like 1

Ferg I had to ask the community about that one, I wasn't positive it was a Z.  Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling seeing your car on a money management commercial, makes me think I finally made a good decision. 

Well, I wasn’t 100% sure either but the front of the car made me think it had to be.
I really believe in the coming years these cars will become highly collectible. Why? He’s my rational. 1. They’re beautiful by almost any standard. 2. They’ve become difficult to find and when they were cheap to obtain and modify 15-20 yrs ago many were ratted out, leaving the well sort of dry
3. They’re unique and were quality built cars from the get go. Unlike a Fiat or MG etc. The Z’s were well made cars that started a revolution in the industry.
Recap...Beautiful, Unique, Reliable, Affordable, Nostalgic. What other cars fit those adjectives like a Z?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just wondering where you draw the line for ratted out?

Hadn’t thought of where the line is. I see a lot of Zs that are beat up and heavily modified. Fuel cells, V8s. Cars they were built to race or with cheap bandaid repairs by people that can’t afford to restore a car properly. Crazy fiberglass and bondo bodies.

This car would qualify.

f62172f8fea7ef89234638f64346253e.jpg&key=292a6ab6f15ccf6ee3c7ec3f0c484169c08b4ad9f2dcd9fa7f95945ae6147562

b730b6e0b14f071e4cb382201b86e46c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are definite "ratted out"!

Right off the top of my head I can count at least 14 things I've "upgraded", except for the front air dam the body is stock and my motor is a numbers match. I think I don't fall in the ratted category.